(F) All an Act: Hange x F Reader

Spoiler warning: Chapter 132/Current Episodes

A/N: In honor of today's episode, I decided to write a short fluff oneshot because I am in dire need of comfort right now! I can't believe it's finally animated after so long. I hope this helps alleviate some of the pain the animation caused...thank you for reading <3

It was all over. Hange had just offered to sacrifice themself to help the others get the plane up in time. They were going to die. The determination was quite evident in their features, in their stance, in the way they had taken off with their ODM gear. For a brief moment, it seemed as if a flicker of relief had crossed their face, as if they were ready to face what was before them. As if they were ready to die. To any passerby, it was an emotional and heart-breaking scenario. Especially to (Y/N), Hange's partner. It was so emotional, that (Y/N) almost believed it was real.

"And...cut!" The director called through his megaphone. The spell that had been cast broke, and the actors left their positions to take a break.

(Y/N) stood near the director's chair, gripping the clipboard where she was noting any technical errors.

Hange immediately walked over to (Y/N), eyes alight with excitement. "How was that, (Y/N)? Wasn't it better than the last take? I really felt the devastation of the character this time, except I added a little bit of relief since it was clear they were tired..." They trailed off when they noticed (Y/N) wasn't responding. "Is everything alright, love?"

(Y/N) frowned, looking up at Hange. "This scene is too sad. I almost thought I was losing you for real!"

Hange blinked, then laughed. Their brown eyes sparkled with amusement. With one hand, they gripped (Y/N)'s arm gently, guiding her towards a more isolated area on set. When there were no passerby that could observe them, Hange pulled her into a tight hug, their arms encircling her shoulders.

"Don't worry (Y/N)," they murmured, softly patting her head. "I'm right here, okay? No one is dying. No one is leaving. Everything's fine."

(Y/N) let out a small, content sigh, burying deeper into the hug. "I need some emotional compensation after witnessing that." She pulled away slightly to look at Hange. "Do you have any idea how you'll make it up to me for all of my pain and suffering?"

Hange chuckled, raising their hands to cup her cheeks. They leaned their forehead against hers, lips brushing hers. "Whatever you say, love. Anything to keep that smile on your face."

(Y/N) laughed. "Since when were you such a sap?"

"I don't like seeing you all sad!" Hange exclaimed. "I'd do anything to keep you smiling."

"Anything?" (Y/N) teased.

"Ye—"

"There you are." Hange was interrupted by an exasperated sigh. It was none other than Levi, still in his costume. "The director is saying that we'll have another run-through of the scene, this time including more of my reaction to your death." He said casually, nodding once towards (Y/N). "The shoot is back on in half an hour."

"You mean the character's death!" (Y/N) corrected. The door to the room Hange had led her into opened again, this time revealing Erwin dressed up in his casual clothes. He insisted on coming to shoots to see Levi's scenes in person.

"Hello, (Y/N)," he greeted. "I've come to tell you all they served the lunch buffet, if anyone is hungry."

Hange nodded and reached down to grab (Y/N)'s hand, intertwining their fingers with hers. "We'll be right there."

-

Later that evening, (Y/N) found herself struggling with cooking dinner in her shared apartment with Hange. The shoot had wrapped up for the day, and she was insistent on cooking Hange a home-cooked meal. The two of them had been surviving on takeout for the past week. Shooting the last couple of episodes for the season was quite hectic. All of the actors, crew, and staff members were working hard to make it a success.