𝘼𝙉𝘿𝙍𝙀́ 𝘽𝙐𝙍𝘼𝙆𝙊𝙑𝙎𝙆𝙔

Summary: Y/N and Andre have to bite the bullet and announce they're dating to the world. A rookie, and pro.

Requested: @itssammiesimmers I hope you enjoy! <33

Word count: 705

Y/F/N: your favorite number

Y/N's Pov:

As a rookie relationships are often overlooked by the press, as they are mainly focused on your stats. But of course, we all have lives outside of just hockey. André and I had met each other online, and for our first date, we went out after a game they had.

When we started to get serious in our relationship, I started going to all of his games, traveling to his away games, and wearing his jerseys per his request.

In return he'd come and support me at my games, cheering the loudest out of anyone there. I'm sure plenty of people caught on, as André was a reoccurring face. Most every game he'd come he would have my player number Y/F/N, and my last name written across his cheeks. Little acts like this made me realize just how much I loved him, and how much he loved me.

At the time we were perfectly content with not sharing about our relationship; well except for his teammates who had seen me a lot over the season. He and I had planned to tell the press eventually, we just didn't know exactly when. Not telling the fans meant we had more privacy in our relationship. But the both of us felt the knot of guilt tighten as the months went on of us dating.

During a movie night; I was making popcorn and he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist-pulling me oh so close. "Hi, beautiful." He cooed. "Mmm, hello my love." I cooed back, kissing his cheek. "So I think I figured out when we should tell everyone." He didn't have to specify what he meant-I already knew. I told him I was ready when he was, so whenever he felt most comfortable is when we'd do it.

"And when would that be?" I asked. "I was thinking the final game of the season. You know, so that way we could announce it and then let it simmer for a while during the summer." It made me happy to know he put so much thought into this. "Sounds good to me, baby." He planted kisses atop of my head before we walked back to the couch to watch our movie.

André's pov:

We both had mutually agreed that the last game of the season was a good time to tell everyone.

So there I was. Last game of the season, taking in our sweet victory before the season ended. ESPN was doing all of their interviews with everyone before the stream ended. Mine hadn't come up yet, so I invited Y/N into the locker room as we waited for it to be my turn.

They called out my name, so I took a glance at Y/N before she smiled encouragingly.

They asked the regular questions. "How do you think you did this year?" "What could you have improved on?" "What are you looking forward to next season?"

A reporter looked over Y/N's way and then back at me as he shoved his microphone in my face. "Fans and press have been noticing a reoccurring girl at all of your games, and pictures of you at her games have been surfacing. Are you two a couple?"

"Yes we are. I'm very happy to announce that I'm dating Y/N L/N. She's been my motivation this season which is part of the reason I've been improving on not only my gameplay but my personality. She's the better half of me if I'm being honest." I gushed on and on about the love of my life. I could talk about her forever if I got the chance to. My teammates in the background were cheering and yelling, "Go André!".

"That's amazing to hear, we're all so happy for you." Another reporter chimed in. "Will you be bringing her to events and such?" I smiled. "Don't worry you'll be seeing a lot of her in the future." Y/N stood up and made her way over to me, grabbing the sides of my face pulling me into a passionate kiss.

Sorry it's kind of short- I hope you enjoyed <33