A Kaslana's Graduation I

A smile.

A smile was what the girl in the winter forest saw first after she fell face-first into the snow, having slid from her pack of things.

She looked almost like the girl, she also had blue eyes and white hair, it's just she was older! And wearing a uniform clearly not meant for the winter, isn't she cold? Unlike the girl, who wore a winter coat, pants, gloves, and boots, this older woman is practically wearing nothing to keep herself warm!

Though, her smile is comforting...

The woman helped the young girl up back to her feet after brushing the snow off of the girl's head, nodding to her when she was back standing on the snow covered ground. The young girl just nodded back and walked past the woman, grabbing her pack and almost falling to the ground again, but managing to catch herself before that could happen, wiping her face with her coat's sleeve before looking onwards, continuing to walk.

The older woman began to walk in the opposite direction as the girl, not at all bothered by the cold temperature that her clothes did not protect her from. She stopped in place, extending her arm to the sky, seeing the night sky filled with stars and the green lights displaying over her. It was a beautiful sight to see. She could only smile at the sight.

The woman continued to walk onwards after that. She probably would've stayed on her course had it not been for the orange hue not too far from her. She should just continue on, leaving whoever was there to their things, but she could make some time.

The woman continued to the orange light, hearing the crackling of the wood coming apart from the flames that ate away at it, a person in a white suit and Captain's Hat sitting on a log as they looked into the flames, only looking up when they heard the sound of snow crunching just ahead of them. The person could only smile at the sight.

"Kiana."

"Captain."

The Captain stood up from their place on the log, walking towards Kiana.

"Thought you could leave without saying goodbye?"

Kiana had a small laugh at that. "You were waiting for me?"

"I was"

"Isn't it a bit convenient you were just in the same forest as me? Far ahead of me so I could stumble upon your fire?"

It was the Captain's turn to have a laugh. "I suppose it is a bit convenient. Though it doesn't seem like you're against it being that convenient."

"I'm not," Kiana shook her head. "In fact, I'm glad it was convenient that you were here."

"I'm happy to hear that Kiana." The Captain sat back down on their spot on the log, moving their arm to the empty spot beside them. "Well come on now, sit. I'd like to spend some time with you."

Kiana sat beside her Captain without complaint, looking into the flames of the campfire as she rested her head on the Captain's shoulder. "I'm proud of you Kiana." She looked up at her Captain, seeing their face looking at hers. "I'm so proud of you. Look at who you've become. It feels so long ago that you were the same Kiana that was pumped to kick the Honkai like no tomorrow."

"Am I not anymore?" Kiana asked.

"Of course you still are, you just are now listening to your rational thoughts instead of your impulses." The Captain felt a jab in their side after that comment.

"I guess that's true, what else?" She asked, not hurt by the statement.

The Captain rubbed their side, not at all hurt at Kiana's action. "I remember how you and Bronya were with each other in the beginning, always at each other's throats and Mei having to stop it before you two started a civil war with each other in St. Freya's Dormitories."