A Teacher and a Captain's Sendoff

"Live, Kiana"

For the first time in a long time, Sirin knew she was almost bested in combat, seeing as she was not dead, and glaring at the woman over her.

"That's... my final lesson... for you..."

Himeko's body fell towards Sirin, now that her claymore's blade had shattered from the intense battle it had just gone through. Sirin, her face showing absolute surprise, could only stay in place, even though she had the perfect chance to end this once and for all. All she has to do is just act now! So she did.

All it took was a headbutt, and off went the body of the teacher of the pathetic girl she took control over. She should be happy. So why was that teacher smiling at her?!

And why does she feel something penetrating her neck?!

And why was something being injected into he-

"ERRRRYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" Sirin's hand clawed at her face as all she could feel was the immense pain her body was feeling. She couldn't even describe the pain she could feel as her body was shaking uncontrollably. She could feel the Honkai energy within her leaving her as it flew into the sky, attempts at making portals were in vain as they didn't even open. Her control over that pathetic girl still inside her was taking back control over the body! She isn't supposed to! She is the queen! That girl had no right to take something that was never hers to begin with!

But Himeko could care less about what the imposter wanted. She just wants her Valkyrie to be back with her family. All she can do now is hope that her sacrifice won't be in vain.

Himeko closed her eyes for the last time she ever will in this lifetime, her last sight seeing her Valkyrie close her eyes as her body went unconscious. All she could do was lay in place on the cold ground as she felt herself grow so tired. She can finally rest after fighting for so long.

The last thing she expected however was to hear a voice behind her.

"Himeko."

She opened her eyes, seeing that she was still in the area where she had her battle, but everything seemed to be put on pause. She looked behind herself and... well she didn't know what she was expecting.

But a skeleton with blue eyes and wearing a dark purple cloak, gray pants, black shirt, leather gloves, boots, leather jacket and a scythe was probably the furthest down her list of things she expected.

"It's nice to see you, though I wished the circumstances were better."

That only made the red head confused. "You know me?"

"Of course. I know everyone and everything that is alive on Earth. But I know my friends the best."

"You know me, on a more personal level?" She asked, stepping closer to the skeleton.

The skeleton scratched his head at the question as his bones, where his eyebrows would normally be, moved upwards as he looked confused. "Huh, I thought my voice was enough, especially since it's only been half an hour or so since we last spoke, but I guess not." Himeko started to think after that, the voice certainly WAS familiar to her, and as she continued to think about it, the skeleton continued. "Does the na-"

"Grim?" Himeko finished, looking at the skeleton expectantly. "Is that you Grim?"

The skeleton dropped his hand into his jacket as he nodded. "It is Himeko." Grim said he cocked his head to the side. "It's nice to see you."

"Pffff!" Himeko covered her mouth with her hand as she smiled behind her hand. "Sorry Grim, it's just weird seeing you as a skeleton who is still able to pronounce words just fine even though your jaw is just moving up and down."