Chapter 28 | Fluffy Pancakes

MALIA'S POV:

The morning after the whole shooting incident was something straight out of a movie.

I woke with the smell of soft, fluffy pancakes. The curtains odorning the windows in the wide bedroom had been opened. The bright, comforting sunlight casting an array of colors.

My eyes seemed to be wide open, the white bedsheets straining them. The room was like a childhood dream, with cream colored walls and floral curtains. It was so peaceful and open.

I yawned lightly, the smell of my breath immediately shocking me out of the comfort of the Queen sized bed.

It seemed I had gone to bed in exactly what I had came in, a pair of mom jeans and a thrifted baggy T-shirt that Ruth had let me borrow.

My mother had always scoffed at thrifting, but I always loved the adventure of finding pieces.

As I step down the stairs, the sound of laughter dances throughout the house. Youthful giggles from one girl in particular boom loudly.

"Kade, Kade, stop it!" Sophie giggled loudly, causing me feet to sped up.

I take a sharp left turn towards the big roman archeways leading into the kitchen.

Ruth stands idly near the coffee machine, her eyes half open as she blindly pours sugar into her cup.

Definitely a morning person.

Although she might be half awake, that doesn't stop her glow from radiating the entire room.

To the right of her sits a giggling Sophie accompanied by a grinning Kade.

It's almost painful, how his smile seems to make any space seem less empty. His dimples show on each side. Kades hair seems like he had just rolled out of bed not to long ago, his dark curls draping across his forehead.

How can someone look so put together yet not?

His broad shoulders shake with laughter. He tickles his little sister endlessly, as if this is just a usual morning routine.

It's refreshing.

I smile internally, making a note to myself to stop gawking and grab me a plate of pancakes.

My body moves without me thinking, unconsciously plopping a load of fluff onto my plate. As if I hadn't just found out about any of this just yesterday night.

I tense once my plate has been filled, thinking how the hell im going to sit at this island and not seem out of place in this play.

"Sit, big eyes." Kade's gruff voice sounds out, patting the stool next to him as he places utensils infront of it.

I roll my eyes, I told him to stop calling me that nickname. I reluctantly sit next to him.

His scent fills my nostrils, woodsy notes with spices in between them. It was a comforting smell.

It seems Kade hasn't thought of changing colognes for the past years.

Eagerly, I start biting into my pancakes. Trying to hold in my moan as the fluffy heaven melts into my warm mouth.

I feel eyes on me the second I take my next bite. I tense, catching site of Kade ogling my hair.

"Pretty." He murmurs, taking a strand of curls that were just about to be dipped into my pile of syrup.

I go heavy on breakfast.

I grumble out a short reply before stuffing my face. Earning a giggle from Sophie, and a snort from Ruth.

About twenty minutes later, my stomach is full to its content. "So, when am I going back to the Villa?" I ask, because I know damn well Shyla and Merliah will start going crazy if im not there.

I miss them.

Kade's shoulders tense as his eyes swirling with mixed emotions. "You are able to leave whenever you'd like. I would never chain you here."

Sophie grabbed my shoulder gently, causing me to look at her big doe blue eyes. "Please stay a while longer, I want to show you my collection of sea shells!" Her adorable voice pleaded out.

My heart warmed for a second, it seems she has the spirit of her brother. "Of course, I would love to see your collection." I whispered.

She giggled, her beautiful thick hair bouncing around her. Ruth walked towards us with her second cup of coffee, "How about you guys go to the beach? I could use a tan, I'll come with." She grins, leaning her hip on the island table.

Sophie agrees quickly, dragging me along to help her pick a swimsuit.

Kade chuckles lowly. The primal sound sending shivers of pleasure down my neck.

Ruth winks at me, "I have a extra bikini or two in my closet, I'm sure someone would love to see you in it."

Oh gosh.