✨ (🖤) High Score (FNAF 1 x Game Attendant!Reader) - PART ONE

Summary: You, a long-time worker at Freddy's, take a much-needed break from work to play video games with the animatronics.

~*~*~

You hummed to yourself, swinging your keys around your finger as you scanned the game floor for your target. The arcade's music blared overhead, though there was hardly anyone around to enjoy it-- it was Tuesday, after all. You couldn't help but bop your head to the beat, a little sway and a skip in your step as you subtly jammed out to your favourite song coming on.

Finally, across the room, you spotted it-- the Freddy game! It didn't exactly have a name, that you knew of. Whenever it booted up, it went straight into the game, which was supposed to be about Freddy's adventures roaming the pizzeria. 

It was a silly and fun adventure game performing various tasks and completing a handful of quests before the night ended, with a few different endings and high scores you could get depending on what all you tried to accomplish throughout the "week" the game presented you with. 

However, lately some kids have been coming to you confused, claiming that the cabinet would randomly start playing some sort of game with a white and grey creature instead. It was like a game within a game-- and though some customers found it amusing and tried to beat the minigame, many children were frightened of the odd main sprite and the energetic humanoid that sped across the screen around it. 

Whether players got anywhere with the minigame or ran into the speeding sprite, they would always end up back at the beginning of the original Freddy game with no signs of the minigame or their original progress. This led to much disappointment and confusion, and you found yourself swamped with complaints about the game you'd never heard of.

You'd been meaning to get to the bottom of this strange phenomenon, but with all the work you've been drowning in, you hadn't had a chance to even look at the untitled Freddy game. This was your first opportunity all week-- and you weren't going to waste another moment! The curiosity had been eating at you for days, and you were excited to finally get into it!

"Whoa-- h-hey (Y/n)!" you heard a familiar squeak as you passed a row of games. You stumbled to a stop and whipped around on your heel, quickly catching sight of the fluffy purple rabbit shyly waving to you from behind a row of Plinko cabinets. He quickly offered you a little wave, nervously smiling as he tried (and failed) to look directly at you. You quirked a brow, momentarily forgetting about your mission. 

"Bonnie? Whatcha doin' there?" you questioned, trying to look past him. He scooted to the side so you couldn't see, now looking around almost in a panic. You were sure he was hiding something. "Noth-nothing!" he squeaked. "Just- um, what, what are you up to? Fixing another game?"

You deadpanned at the bunny. "I'm the game attendant, Bonnie," you reminded him, "I'm always fixing games."

"R-right! Of course you are..." he muttered the last part under his breath. If he could blush, you knew his face would be redder than Foxy's fur. He soon perked up again. "What game are ya fixin' this time? I heard the Foxy Rope Swing was loose again...?"

"Again?" you repeated. You felt your heart sink into your stomach as you internally groaned, thinking back to that stupid game. It was another adventure game, but this one had a long arm hanging overhead a short distance from the screen with a rope kids could climb on to control their character. It was pretty high-tech and immersive-- but honestly a pain for you to fix! You sighed, pushing that thought away for now. "I'll have to look into it later," you grumbled more to yourself than the bunny. "Right now, I want to check out the Freddy game."