☁️🥀 Snaggletooth (Moon x Monty)

Summary: Neither Moon nor Monty have ever been particularly social. They're both grumpy and prefer to isolate themselves far up in the rafters of their particular attractions in the Pizzaplex, and can become quite hostile when disturbed. So it was a surprise to everyone - and no one - when the two somehow managed to become friends. But can two abrasive, far-too-similar animatronics really maintain a decent relationship, or are they too alike for their own good?

Requested by @Lunar1bloodmoon2fan on Quotev :)

Warning: ANGST :))) there's like a teeny bit of fluff tucked in there somewhere, but an angst-shot was requested of me, and now I have delivered! Gonna go cry to myself while I write a cute one-shot to feel better x'D

*** Edit - I'm realizing now that I pointed out their differences more than their similarities throughout this chapter, oop- 💀 hope you enjoy it anyway-

~*~*~

Moon's fingers lightly gripped the cords holding him up like a swing. From the rafters, the Daycare somehow looked small, the dark shadows of the ceiling making him feel weightless against the gravity of the light below. His vision was blurred, his mind elsewhere while his ruby reds stared absently at the Playground, idly counting the pillow stacks and balls in the ballpit. Dolls stared back up at him from where they'd been discarded by children earlier in the day. The Daycare still needed tidying, but Sun was exhausted, and Moon wanted time to himself. Leaving his 'safe spot' for any reason just didn't feel important enough right now.

His fingers tapped, his feet lightly swinging along to the faint hum on his lips, a familiar tune that kept him company throughout the night. In his mind, he could hear Sun, ever-cheerfully humming along. Moon liked humming this song. Hearing Sun's harmony always made him smile, so he hummed it whenever he could just to hear his counterpart. It was a quiet life, but it was one he rather liked. If he could stay here forever, he would-- suspended in the comfort of the rafters, the Moon resting above his world.

But alas, duty calls.

On cue, the lights shut down, leaving the Daycare in proper darkness. Only the glowing stars along the walls offered some kind of light-- just enough for Moon to see where he was going as he gently loosed his cords, gracefully, albeit reluctantly, gliding down to meet the 'world' again.

It happened every hour, where the power would divert, plunging the PizzaPlex in just enough darkness for the Moon to get around. It was his job to stalk the halls, checking every nook and cranny to ensure everything was safe and in its proper order. It wasn't particularly a job he liked-- it was rather boring, if anything-- but it passed the time and gave him something to do, and something to look forward to every hour. The bells on his shoes jingled with every step, the ones on his wrists giggling as he waved his arms around, digging around in every potential hiding place for anything unwanted. As he expected, though, there was nothing.

His rounds never lasted long, but it was a good time to stretch, to slide, swim, and hop around, finding every interesting way he could to travel quickly and easily from room to room. The silence was always kept at bay by the faint hum of the PizzaPlex's theme lazily falling from one tune to the next, joined by his bells. 

Moon rather liked the bells that donned his wrists, his feet, his cap. But it seemed the sound that gave him comfort gave others a sense of dread. When they heard him coming, they would duck away, animatronics returning to their Green Rooms or falling silent until he passed by, and staff keeping quietly to themselves. Moon hardly ever saw anyone when he went about, which honestly made his job easier, but it kind of hurt at the same time.