This is just...great!

Jennie stared the door and looked through the tiny peephole to find a very flustered, beautiful woman.

"Arghh! Today of all days?!" Memories of white sheets, long hours and warmth invaded her mind.

She was getting engaged in 5 minutes and she was currently remembering her really, hot night from 5 years ago. She thought she had buried it deep. Or forgotten it.

She heard another knock and composed herself.

She opened the door with a smile.

Jennie couldn't remember her name but she could remember that face anywhere. "Can I help you?"

"Are you alright?" She asked worriedly.

Jennie couldn't help checking her out in the long black dress with lacy sleeves. Her long, dark hair was draped over her shoulders. She wore light make up and her pink lips were tempting.

"Yes." Jennie answered in confusion. Surely, she recognized her...right?

The woman took out a velvet box. "I was told to give this to you."

Jennie held her hand out and the raven placed it in the center of her palm. The brunette opened it to find JJ's engagement ring.

Her engagement. The one that was going to start soon.

She widened her eyes and ran back inside to put her shoes on.

The woman in black just stared at Jennie with a concerned expression. "I'm going to ask this again: are you alright?"

"What's your name?!" Jennie shouted back from inside, while scrambling to finish packing everything.

"Jisoo!" She shouted back.

Another memory flashed in her mind. Her hands holding the raven-haired beauty as she spread kisses on the brunette's neck, while her hair tickled Jennie's skin.

She rubbed her eyes. This couldn't be happening to her now. She could feel goosebumps rise on her skin from just how clear the memory was.

She came back to the door and Jisoo was still standing at the threshold. Jennie looked at her once. Then felt exasperated at her feelings.

"I can't deal with this right now."

Jisoo scoffed. "Excuse me?! Who are—"

"I'm the bride that's late for her own engagement party!" Jennie said toe to toe with Jisoo.

The raven nodded and flourished her hand for Jennie to walk in front of her.

Jennie pressed for the elevator and stared at Jisoo's flawless side profile. The dress fit her like a glove and—She shook her head and looked away.

They both got in the elevator. Jennie checked the time. She was running 2 minutes behind.

Just then Jisoo cleared her throat. "I don't think I properly introduced myself." She held her hand out. "I'm Kim Jisoo." She gave a bright smile.

Jennie stared at her in utter disbelief. She didn't remember.

Yet Jennie was doomed to remember every passionate kiss from that evening. Along with exactly how steamy it was.

••••••••••

Kim. Jennie.

She looked familiar to Jisoo but then again, she had a lot of one night stands before she decided to start anew in another country.

Could she be one of her conquests? Jisoo found that highly unlikely. Jennie screamed proper, uptight and...prude.

Although Jisoo had to admit, she was stunning with her oval-ish face and her cat-like eyes. Her long dark, brown hair was curled into waves. She had fluffy round cheeks that make you want to just hold her face and squish them constantly.

Jennie glanced at her watch. And sighed.

They still had to go down 3 more floors.

"I don't think I properly introduced myself." She held her hand out. "I'm Kim Jisoo." She gave her most charming smile.

Jennie frowned at her hand then at her face. Her expression turned to one of annoyance and Jisoo wondered what she did to make her beautiful face turn furrowed.

Just then the elevator doors opened and Jennie pushed Jisoo to the side. She almost started shouting at her except her back hit the wall with a thud just as camera flashes clicked away, filling the whole space with white, flashing light.

That's why she pushed her...

Jennie stepped out and the paparazzi followed as the elevator doors closed to take her to the banquet hall. She frowned. Why did she get off a floor early?

Jisoo somehow found her way back to Rosé & Lisa who were now sitting next to each other with interlaced hands and talking softly.

Jisoo sat next to Eun-Sook. She bent her head to the little girl and asked, "How long do you think it will take for them to notice me?"

She looked over and saw Lisa point to a stout guy before whispering something in Rosé's ear to make her laugh.

Jisoo smiled at their interaction. They looked so...blissfully happy. She wanted that. She wanted a relationship filled with laughter, connection and of course, passion. None of the girls in the States made her feel anything beyond fondness.

"Jisoo!" Lisa's voice pulled Jisoo out of her thoughts. She pointed to the spiral staircase. "Jennie should be coming down any moment!"

Jisoo looked at the stage and already found a handsome guy standing there in a red tux with a nervous smile.

Then she heard camera shutters and photographers yelling: "Jennie! This way!", "Jennie! One more!" & her favorite: "Jennie! Drop the jacket!"

Although she was the only one cracking up because he was escorted off the premises.

Jennie walked across the banquet hall and climbed the steps to her fiancée. She brought out the box Jisoo gave her earlier. She glanced nervously at Rosé, who have a thumbs up, before her eyes drifted to Jisoo.

Jisoo felt warmth sweep across her before Jennie's cat eyes left.

Jisoo clutched her dress. What was happening? Who is Jennie Ruby Jane?!

She sighed and watched Jennie slip a ring on her fiancée's left hand while he did the same.

He held her face and placed a small kiss on her lips. A small pang went through her but it was over as fast as it came.

They stood together for the pictures, paparazzi and news reporters clicking away.

The headline the next morning:
"CEO of KimTech, Ms.Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, is engaged to head of Kwon Technologies, Mr.Kwon Joon Jae."

••••••••••

To be continued 😉