December 23rd, 1986

With a beep of Dustin's watch, the kids slowly wake before the three adults. As per usual for a movie night, everyone fell asleep in the Living Room, TV a blur of snowball and static come morning. The kids are tangled together and can't help but smile as they glance to their right looking over at the two men happily entangled. Still deep asleep obvious by the muffled snores and grumbles of words from dreams. On the floor, Robin's snuggled up below them, one arm clutching a blanket, the other reaching out holding Steve's foot.

With quiet high fives for already getting their 'Mission' rolling, the kids gather around the infamous clipboard. Sprinkled with random Christmas themed drawings and added notes, they build a short list of Mistletoe locations throughout Steve's house and any other possible locations the two may end up through the holidays.

-

-

Plan and Mistletoe gathered, the kids quietly pair off, hanging green leaves around the house and in the vehicles for the boys to get caught under and hopefully share a kiss or two or three.

By the time every piece of Mistletoe is hung, the gaggle of teens find themselves in the kitchen, volume growing while they attempt to make breakfast as a group. They're set up like a very poorly planned assembly line; Mike and Will on Eggs, Dustin and Lucas on Toast, the girls on buttering and plating. It's loud and chaotic and messy, everything's burning and black smoke is billowing through the house. So much so the smoke detectors begin to go off.

"Jesus Christ," Dustin mutters under breath, hearing the high pitched beep blare through the once quiet home.

It's not long after that they hear the same words yelled from the Living Room, followed by another deep, tired voice accompanying it, "What the hell are you guys doing?! Where are you even?!"

Well the guys are up and they don't sound happy. In no time they come stomping into the kitchen, hair a mess, clothes wrinkled, looking like two exhausted, disgruntled parents. Steve sighs upon arriving to the mess of a kitchen, "Whyyy?-" he groans, shoulders dropping in defeat, "-Why are we burning the only food I had left for breakfast?"

Everyone's quiet, watching as Eddie sighs along with Steve, combing his fingers through dark curls, also waiting for an answer.

Finally someone speaks up, all kids noticing the little green leaves hanging above the disgruntled pair in the doorway. "Well,-" Will answers in a hushed tone, "-We wanted to make you guys breakfast."

Steve clenches his jaw, hands on his hips as he looks over to Eddie who's standing with his arms crossed over his chest, feigning anger and looking back at the kids to see them all...all smiling? Why are they smiling?

"Why are you smiling?" Eddie grumbles, waving a hand out to the children he can hardly see through the smoke standing in the kitchen.

Max just smirks and points above their heads, the rest of the kids smiles growing even wider.