one

warning: typos typos typos, grammatically incorrect

IF SOMEONE told him just a few weeks ago that he would be aggressively showered by his girlfriend's love, he would've literally punched someone.

kunikuzushi raiden, or scaramouche, was always in it for the money. no matter how rich his mom was, he was always striving for money. complaining about how much his mom gives to him was like a routine.

"my mom? she went on and on about this independency thing, so my allowance is just.. meh."

who doesn't love money, anyway?

and who doesn't wanna have easy access to money too?

this was why he hung out with some of the richest people in his school— which he only came to regret.

"hey, scaramouche!" a hand reached for his shoulder, "short as ever, ey?"

childe tartaglia, the richest guy in school, is also scaramouche's apparent best friend. definitely wasn't a forced title by childe.

he immediately shoved his friend's hand away and glared at him, "annoying as ever, huh?"

"can't we just have a peaceful walk to school?"

rosalyne lohefalter, the second richest girl in the campus, you can call her signora. she was more of someone who was forced to hang out with the two of them, rather than a best friend.

"he started it," his glare didn't falter from the ginger, who kept a smug look on his face.

"whatevs! you're always in a bad mood anyway, what's new?"

scaramouche overly sighed in annoyance. it was incredibly obvious he wanted childe to know he's had enough of his antics.

but his eyes noticed something that childe was holding from behind, and a small sparkle made its way to his violet orbs.

"are you scheming something again?" scaramouche pointed to the mora childe was holding, "no one holds that much cash for no reason."

childe's mouth formed a circle, "oh, you noticed! you only ever see money when there's money, so shameless!"

"are you gonna tell me or not?!" he grabbed childe by the collar and furiously glared at him.

"chill! okay, okay! i'll tell you!"

the ginger let out a sigh of relief when scaramouche finally let go of him. "listen, remember how sig is only the second richest girl in our year?"

signora scoffed, "you make it sound like it's not a title to be proud of."

"i know you're not exactly poor, but scaramouche, do ya know who she lost to?" scaramouche nodded, not really that interested as signora clenched her fist.

"it's not a competition!"

childe ignored her and kept talking to his little friend, "y/n l/n, treasurer of the student council. she's from a family that owns a business that's worth a generous amount of mora!"

"and? what do you want me to do about that?" the violet-haired teen kept walking, just waiting for the taller guy to continue.

"why do you keep bringing up this y/n girl?"

while signora was fighting the urge to just hit childe for implying insults to her financial status, his blue eyed friend could only stare at him with shock.

"you seriously don't know who she is?" childe raised his eyebrows in surprise, "i thought you were into rich people! you seriously don't know how wealthy this woman is? she's richer than me!"