Are you proud?

As Varian succeeded to force Rapunzel to melt down the amber, Quirin, the father of Varian, became free. Varian, his son, too desperate to see his father be free, ran to his loving father without looking back. As Varian placed his arm tightly around his loving father, and there was a long silence. A silence of comfort and love. Then, Quirin started to open his mouth.

"Son, I never thought I would ever be able to see you again.." He said with his voice cracking.

"Well now you do." Varian smiled lightly with his tired eyes. Varian was so desperate and tired from trying to save and care of his father, that he forgot to take care of himself. He was tired, betrayed, mentally unable to process what were quite right or wrong. The pressure of making his father proud and wanting to be something; someone who had to save the day, someone who was the only hope to save his father was only himself, lone, desperate, and needed help.

"I-I- need to know what you wrote on the scroll-"

"It was about how proud I am..."

Quirin paused and looked around slowly. The underground lab was almost in a state of collapsing, melted amber everywhere, and tons of messy notes pinned on Varian's board. What Quirin have seen is the Queen encased in an amber with the King and the Princess mourning in sadness and anger.

"Varian.. what have you done." Quirin sighed and put his hand on Varian's shoulder and looked directly into his blue innocent eyes. 

"D-dad I can explain all of this. You were trapped- I- I thought I could never save you- I swear, this isn't my fault.. I tried to get help from others but they never came for me. I did EVERYTHING to free you but it didn't work.." Varian started to breath heavily and irregularly as he spoke.

"After EVERYTHING I'd ever done for Corona, nobody came for me.." Varian started to shake as tears came down on his face. He looked down, in shame, because he knew deep down that whatever he do, he would be judged by what he did and the terror that his father would never be proud of him. He did realize that what he had done had gone too far, however he needed revenge. THEY deserved it.

"You; RA-PUN-ZEL did NOTHING! STOP taking the glory for what you NEVER DONE. You could've at least come back for me after the storm! Was that even a hardest thing to do, your highness? YOU LITERALLY WALK WITH NO SHOES! I WAS JUST A CHILD. I just turned 14.. What should I've done? Wait till you would actually give a FRICK about me? YOU-Y-YOU EVEN ENJOYED EUGENE'S BIRTHDAY WITHOUT WORRYING ANYTHING ABOUT ME. AM I JUST AN OBJECT TO YOU, YOUR MAJESTY? AM I ONLY PRECIOUS AND YOUR "FRIEND" WHEN YOU NEED ME? AREN'T "FRIENDS" FOR HELPING OUT EACH OTHER IN THEIR HARDEST TIME? LOOKING BACK, YOU GUYS ALWAYS GAS-LIGHTED ME TO BELIEVE THAT I AM THE HORRIBLE VILLAIN WHEN YOU WOULD'VE ALSO DONE. Rapunzel, if I took away you loving ones, wouldn't YOU do the SAME THING?!"

 Sobbing as Varian frustratly shouted at Rapunzel, the princess turned her head to see Varian.

"....Varian I-"

"LOOK AROUND YOU RAPUNZEL. YOU DID THIS. YOU BROKE OUR VILLAGE, OUR HOME. YOU JUST RECKLESSLY THOUGHT IT WAS FINE TO DESTROY EVERYTHING JUST FOR WHAT YOU NEED. THINK ABOUT IT. IF THE ROLES WERE CHANGED, IT WOULD STILL BE THE SAME THING! YOU, ARE THE RECKLESS VILLAIN WHO BETRAYED ME AND LET MY FATHER TO ROT IN THE AMBER. YO-YOU-YOU ARE-"

"VARIAN, STOP IT." The tantrum was stopped by another voice, from Quirin. Varian stepped back while looking at his father shocked and confused. 

"This is NOT a way to treat a royalty. THIS IS NOT a way to solve a problem. Son, as much as I love you, I have to tell you; this isn't right. I know you are angry and I agree to you more than anyone but this is way getting out of hand." Quirin said sternly.