Scorned - Lore Q&A

[Kings and Queens]

How was Ritual disguised?
- My interest in finding a way to incorporate much of the story around her existing lore was actually because of a bundle that came out very early in the new MW2, which made the operator 'Zimo' look VERY much like Fuze. I was quick to buy it, and quick to think up how Ritual could be involved in a universe that I also really enjoy.

Does Ritual ever meet König again?
- No, but he held a very special place in her heart and was one of the people who helped her in her steps of moving on from much of her life. Though she briefly considered checking in on him to recruit him to AITH, she decided against it, as she wasn't sure she wanted to reopen a chapter of her life that she was happy with the ending of. He also was too intense of a soldier to be in a counter-terrorism unit. She cherishes the weapon case she gave him and looks at it's contents often.

What was in the case?
- An RPK named "Caution Tape", appropriately named for its yellow wrapping and tattered appearance. A small charm of a gas mask was clipped to its sling mount, and it came with two spare 40 round 'banana' magazines, each with a small sticker on them of a biohazard symbol. It's a nod to the blueprint reward from extracting Weapons Cases in DMZ, and mimics the custom RPK I use in my loadout!

[Ace of Hearts]

What happened between Ritual and Ace after she revealed the forged documents?
- Once the seed of doubt is planted, it grows like a weed, and is tough to uproot. Even as one of Kali's most faithful companions, Ace's commitment to Ritual, albeit brief, makes him rethink how closely he truly knows Kali and her motives... Though he knows it's in all of his best interests to keep his loyalty to her unwavering, and his pretty mouth shut.

[Scorned]

Does Vyacheslav get a happy ending?
- Yes! Shortly after being formally recruited to AITH, he takes a trip back home to Moscow with Ritual, who was visiting to pick up her brother Arkady 'Halo' Arkhangelsky, whom she was raised with by her (adoptive) father. During their time there she engages in a motorcycle race with Vyacheslav, tours some of the must-see destinations she'd long missed, and supported her mate in breaking up with his toxic girlfriend, Alina.

Does Anton get his chance with Blitz?
- Maybe. ;)

Explain Gunnar's story in baby terms, please.
- A year or so after the Mirage, with NIGHTHAVEN on the rise and in need of some traction, Kali made it a point to recruit someone who could keep a powerful asset like Ritual away from the White Masks simply by distracting her long enough that NIGHTHAVEN could swoop in and save the day. He was the perfect man given their history and intense chemistry, and she furthered it by setting him up as a shield just so that the two would be even closer. Ritual was oblivious to the idea that he was too perfect. The rest is history.

What about "Oscar"?
- Garrson Cross was merely a facade, sent by Kali to get rid of the growing thorn in her side: Gunnar. To her defense, however, she didn't know that Garrson was a White Mask who had the same vendetta that she did, or that he would try to kill the man and anyone who stood in his way. Kali is many things, but she wouldn't have had anyone harmed, and holds herself responsible for Cooper's untimely death.

What's the significance behind Harry's closure of the Rainbow Recruitment program?
- This actually has to do with in-game events! It shyly alludes to the removal of the Recruit loadouts at the launch of Operation Void Edge, where you were previously able to pick colored CTU Recruit loadouts with matching weapons. After the patch, there is only one type of Recruit, being the "narrowing" of the program.

Who are some of Ritual's friends? Who are her enemies?
- Ritual actually views much of the team positively and finds friends in a few close people, most notably Fuze, Jäger, Lion, and Azami (once they meet). Fuze is a mentor to her, almost like a father given their closeness, and is quick to stick up for her when her name arises in a conversation. Lion understands what it's like to feel shunned by his team, while Azami knows what's it's like to feel wronged by NIGHTHAVEN, and both sympathize with Ritual. Jäger is someone she just finds adorable, and she loves to have little hyperfixation rambles with him over silly things.

She has more minor relationships, like her obvious loyalty towards fellow Spetsnaz operators, some of the other shields, and even Ash (who shares her hatred for Kali as well as her respect for doing things textbook), Zero (whom she experienced similar training to), Bandit (who taught her hotwiring), Nøkk and Vigil (who enjoy the comfort in another masked operator), and even Jackal (who was apprehensive at first, but could feel Ritual's regret to her reckless past and considers her a friendly rival).

On the other hand, she refuses to be around Lesion, Ying, and people who align with NIGHTHAVEN (IQ, Smoke, Ela, etc). A few operators, like Doc, Mute, and Thunderbird are people she wishes she could be closer to, but simply don't have the best relationship with or talk to often enough.