Chapter 2: Estrid Bludvist

The shock written across Stoick and Hiccup's face soon disappeared, because Astrid and the other dragon riders from Berk appeared behind the hooded figure, followed by another dozens of dragons, ranging from full-grown fire-spitting adults to slow, clumsy babies.

"Hiccup!"

The blonde girl rushes forward and embraces Hiccup. Ruffnut, Tuffnut, Fishlegs and Snotlout also comes in for a group hug. Nobody noticed a pair of eyes secretly staring at them.

"Why are you guys here? What happened?" Hiccup asked after he caught sight of another familiar figure behind them, Eret.

"Well," Astrid looked at Eret replied, "long story short, we made him our guide and he brought us to Drago himself. We got captured blablabla and she *eyeing the hooded figure behind Hiccup* saved us and a couple of other dragons. We tried to stop her to talk to her but she wouldn't listen, so we followed her here and found you!"

Before Hiccup could reply, Fishlegs interrupted everyone and said with exclaimed, "the most exciting part is that she's got a night fury too!"

That's when everyone turned to focus on the white fury behind the hooded figure. It's big sparkly blue eyes attracted the attention of everyone present, and its shiny white scales glimmered even in darkness.

"-well technically its a light fury, 'cuz its white and all but-" Fishlegs continued, but Hiccup didn't give him a chance to finish.

"I thought Toothless was the last of his kind..."

This time, it was Valka's turn to interrupt them.

"Well then you thought wrong. They are the last of their kind," Valka said, pointing to both the light fury and the night fury.

She then carefully approached the hooded figure, who backed away slightly from her reach but still allowed her to touch her as Valka pulled her to her side.

"As I've introduced to Hiccup just now, this is Estrid Bludvist, daughter of-"

"DO NOT SPEAK THAT NAME! NO ONE SHOULD," the hooded figure hissed while pulling her hood back, revealing a young girl with messy (H/C) hair and big, sparkly (E/C) eyes that shone just like her dragon, the light fury.

"I am (Y/N). I am not Estrid and I am NO DAUGHTER of EVIL DEMON DRAGO," her words, although simple, sounded loud and clear, which clearly surprised the others, as just minutes ago her silence gave everyone else the idea that she is mute.

"Now now, (Y/N)," Valka stroked the girl's hair gently to calm her, "there's no need to get so mad at your new friends! C'mon, let's sit around the fire and get ourselves warm. It'll take more than a few sips of tea to break the ice it seems."

"They are no friends of (Y/N)," the hooded girl mumbled. Of course, nobody heard her except Astrid and Hiccup.

The drained youngsters gladly agreed to Valka's suggestion, and before long everyone was seated around a bright bonfire, each with a cup of fruit tea in their hands.

"Now dear, tell them your story, just like how you told me, like how you told the dragons."

After much nudging from Valka, (Y/N) finally told her story.

Years ago, when Drago still had two hands, he was a mighty warrior who fought fearlessly against dragons to protect his family, to protect those he loved. But soon after an unwanted accident, this desire to protect turned into lust. It became a never-ending lust for power, war, until Drago's wife couldn't bear him no more, and escaped with their only child, a baby girl who was barely a year old.

At first, a mother's love made Sif Bludvist a brave woman, bringing up her daughter secretly in a distant village. But Drago's search parties and ongoing dragon raids broke her bit by bit, until finally, she had no will to live and chose to end it all by the cliff.

Estrid was only six years old then.

Abandoned by her own mother, Estrid became helpless, and was soon captured by dragons in the next dragon raid. Surprisingly, she wasn't eaten like she thought she would, but brought to this dragon utopia where she met Valka.

Raising Estrid filled the void inside Valka's heart left by her son Hiccup, but Valka could not undo the trauma brought to Estrid by her own mother. No matter how hard Valka tries, she could not tame the girl, and she left the utopia as soon as she could fly a dragon at the young age of twelve, only to appear two years later on the back of a young light fury and dozens of dragons under her command.

Estrid has singlehandedly tracked down her biological father and rescued those dragons from his bloodstained hands.

Since then, more and more rescue raids were conducted by Estrid alone. Like father like daughter, she was a skilled warrior, cunning by nature, and shows her enemy no mercy. However, unlike her father, she wasn't bloodthirsty and cold-blooded, even though most of the time she shows no emotion and prefers to stay alone.

Drago knows not of the identity of the hooded figure. Instead, he mistook Hiccup and his friends for the dragon rider that kept on stealing his dragons.

After hearing her story, everyone stayed silent. Some looked at (Y/N) sympathetically, while others stayed cautious on whether her words are true, and whether she could be trusted.

"I'm so sorry about your past, (Y/N)," Astrid, who sits right next to (Y/N) held her hand and said firmly. "From now on, we're with you."

Hiccup has his questions, but for now it seems better if he left them unanswered. "That's right. We need your help to persuade Drago-"

"Hiccup! Will you stop with your foolish ideas? That man-"

"That is no man," (Y/N) interrupted Stoick. "Drago is no man. He is a beast. Scarier than dragons. Deadlier than weapons. No use talking to him. You will die."

"How do you know if you've never tried?"

"Stupid, foolish dragon rider," (Y/N) hissed. "Go alone then. If you insist. You'll be dead by dawn-"

"(Y/N)!"

"It's true. (Y/N) never lies to Valka," (Y/N) said earnestly, her eyes full of innocence yet her experience saying otherwise.

"Fine then, I'll go and prove all of you wrong. I'm telling you, this war can be prevented! I can restore peace just like how I did with humans and dragons!"

Stoick and Valka started scolding their son while (Y/N) scoffed. Astrid heard her and it gave her a rather uneasy feeling. No matter how much trust she has in Hiccup, something tells her that (Y/N) is right.