Chapter 52 kings Thoughts

"And we have nothing ? No clues ? No leads ? Matthew has just up and disappeared?" John asked leaning over my counsel table.

"William reported his last known whereabouts was were Peter got stabbed." Hannah spoke up. She shifted uncomfortably in her chair as several of the counsel members glared at her. It was clear they still didn't agree with my decision and weren't welcoming the idea of a woman to be apart of my voice.

"He must know we are on to him and his horrible business." George replied.

"The good news is the men who were taken this drug have all been detoxed off it and have made a full recovery." I added. "We will continue to search for him and we know any area where men start to have the side-effects is where he is. He won't be able to go undetected."

"So then we are at a stand still on the matter." John replied. "And what of this woman who miraculously healed knight peter ?"

"According to the doctor she literally walked in..touched Peter and he was completely healed." I stated in an unbelievable tone.

"So she is a witch or demon?" John scoffed.

"Didn't we just discuss this over those scrolls?" Vincent asked.

"It's nonsense." John replied

"A woman walking in healing a man with her hand by just touching him is not nonsense. You can't deny it John. It happened. With at-least 10 whitenesses." George said crossing his arms.

"Have we contacted the church?" John asked.

"The church will drag that poor girl out and burn her on a stake." Hannah intercepted.

"Hannah's right. We will not contact the church or let anyone know what we have whitenesses until we figure out what is going on with her." I responded. "She is under my protection."

"Then we mustn't give away those scrolls." George replied. "I tried to warn you there is truth in them. And it sounds like that's where we look "

I sighed heavily. "I'm afraid that's not possible.,,they are already on their way to the dark mountains with king Cassius...I wanted to avoid war...I thought it was best."

"So now we have no ancient scrolls, we have a demon girl in the castle and you are protecting he." John huffed.

"I am king. You will remember that." I snapped at him not liking his tone. "I will send to king Cassius immediately and tell him what we are experiencing. I believe he wanted them for a similar issue....I think he will work with me on it."

"I hope your right." George replied.

"Then we are finished for today ?" John asked.

"Yes, counsel dismissed." I replied. "Ah Hannah I do wish to speak with you."

"Of course my king." She said. We waited for the room to clear.

"Are you settling here okay? Do I need to speak with them again?" I asked.

"It won't change anything. I assured you I can handle this position and I meant it." She replied. "It's not my first run in with unfavorable men after all."

"That reminds me." I said approaching her. "Have you come up with an ideas to help those other women in the village ?"

"Well...I believe a safe house should be built. A place where they can sleep and live and raise their children that it protected. Where they don't have to live in fear of the crime on the streets." She started.

"I will immediately start looking for land and the resources for that. I think that's s wonderful idea." I relied.

"And the only reason they turn to sex work is because there is very little other means for them to make money. I do believe we need to come up with a business for them that would sustain them." She went on.