36. The most unexpected

"Oh Y/n..."

More and more tears leave my eyes, making their way down my face, before falling on the blouse I'm wearing. Luckly for me, I'm wearing black, so you can't see the tears staining. It's not that I'm crying because I found out I'll be dead in a few days. Which, I'm not, btw, for as far as I know. No, the thing I found out has me scared.
Cratch scared, I'm terrified.

"When was this?" Recovery Girl asks me, handing me back my phone. I take my phone and place it infront of me on the desk sepparating us, screen down. Swallowing against the lump that has formed in my throat, I answer her.

"Yesterday night, around 2 in the morning." I tell her, causing her to give me an angered look. She made me promise that I'll try and better my sleep schedule, so being awake at 2 in the morning isn't really that. "I couldn't sleep, not before knowing that answer. And after than, I couldn't fall asleep." I explain, making her nod at me.

"When was the last time?" She asks me.

"My period? God, a week before my fall was the last day of it." I tell her, having thought this entire conversation through. But now comes the tough part, even though I knew it would happen when I brought this up to her. Looking away from her, I answer again. "Sex? The night of my second day preforming the UA routine check-up." It all works out perfectly, even though I don't know yet if I wanted to have worked out that well.

The thick tension and silence fills the room again, neither of us knowing what to say. Because yes, what's on the photo I just showed her explains that what happend on my second day preforming the annual routine check-up at UA did something no one thought would.

"I'm pregnant..." I utter, because that's the only thing that's keeping us silent. "I am pregnant, even though I've had an IUD for two years now. I've had IUD's the moment I started my first period and yes, I still had some occasual period bleedings during that time of the month." I tell her, more and more tears running down my face. 

Recovery Girl squeezes in my hand, giving me some reassurance that everything'll be fine in the end. Because in the end, everything'll be fine. But right now, the end seems to far away, I don't think it'll get near me any time soon. 
I take a shaky deep breath, trying to calm myself down. Having the suspicioun of being pregnant is one thing, but knowing it and knowing all the dates play out is an whole other thing. And I'm terrified, absolutely and utterly scared shitless. As the dutch would say: I'm shitting seven colors of poop right now. (They really do, trust me.)

"I haven't told Shota yet. Not about my suspicioun nor about the test and it's results." I continue and Recovery Girl just listens to me, because that's what I need. Someone that listens without judging me. "We always say that having children wouldn't be ideal, consindering out livestyles and carreers. But we have never talked about what we'll do when this happens, by accident. And honestly, as much as I love Shota with my entire heart, I'm terrified of him right now."

"I can see that." Recovery Girl says, giving me a little relief. I'm not the only one who can't imagine just one way Shota'll react to this news. "But I assume he's the father, which means he has to know." She tells me and I roll my eyes at her.

"Of course it's Shota's!" I raise my voice a little, because how does she even dare to assume it's his. It's a fact it's Shota's. No one else has been near me with their dick like that. Without eing able to hold back, I hit my fists against the desk. "Goddamnit! Why did this have to happen right now?! I have the Hero Commission to run! I have an UA sport tournament to attend tomorrow! This is the very last thing I wanted on my agenda..." I let it all just out, all my emotions. And even though my words are harsh and raised, my eyes continue to let tears escape and my heart squeezes.