Chapter 8

Unedited

The mansion is unusually super busy today. Maids running around the house like flies around juicy fruits. Legend strolls down the flight of stairs in the softest cotton pants ever, his eyebrows creased in confusion. He makes a left turn to the big kitchen and finds Grace putting together several mouth-watering in fine order. He gives her a kiss on the cheek already knowing who it is.

    "Good morning to you too" she says with a happy laugh. Legend laughs along with her and starts poking on  each dish curiously while occasionally tasting some. "Grace", he calls with his mouth full of food. "yes honey" Grace answers still concentrated on the dough in front of her. "What's the occasion? why are you guys making so many delicious food?" he asks, chewing on a piece of stir-fried mutton. "Don't tell me you aren't aware that Valentino is returning today". At the mention of Vals name, Legend's face falls and his mood takes a 180 degree turn. "That bastard" Legend swears. Grace laughs and turns to look at Legend "You make him happy you know". "Yeah and he makes me angry" Legend bites back. "He took me away from the only person that ever considered me as family" Legend complains bitterly. "Not only that, he just left me alone at the hospital with his wolves and went away for two months not caring how I'll survive or how I'll survive. He doesn't care about me at all" Legend breaks down for the umteen time since the day he was kidnapped. "Oh my poor child" Grace goes to comfort him. "I was even thinking of taking my own life Grace. If not for you, I would have done that the second day I left the hospital" he sobs bitterly. " He stood by me all this while, you protected me from being bullied in this hell-hole. Everybody here just thinks I'm a useless piece of trash that'll soon be disposed of." he complains, tears running down fiercely. 

"Everything's going to be alright" she assures, rocking him tenderly. He white t-shirt is stained with his snort. A  slender maid with fine arch brows and thin lips walks into the kitchen to  the scene and Grace shoos and tells her to inform the others not to enter the kitchen for now   with hand gestures without alerting Legend. The boy has gone through a lot and she just wants him to let it all out.

   "I'm hungry" Legend says after calming. They both laugh. "Thank you" He says, hugging her appreciatingly. "Don't, you know I see you as my son" she says. "Now up up lazy boy and help this old woman cook" Legend laughs heartily and takes on role of helping Grace continue with kneading the dough for meat buns. 

"Should have let you arrange this mess you made instead" Grace scolds. "Couldn't help it, they look and taste so delicious" he chuckles. Lorenzo walks into their banter with his usual ugly frown. He takes long strides to the fridge and grabs a bottle of cold water. He leans on the counter and finishes it in 3 gulps. Legend kept on giving him occasional side glances. 

 Lorenzo finish drinking the water and leaves the kitchen without saying a word or taunting Legend like he usually does ever since Val left the mansion for Russia. 

"Well that's weird" Legend says to Grace. "The poor boy has been so busy recently, he must be so exhausted". Grace sighs. "Funny how you say 'poor boy" Legend says with an eyeroll. "Come to think of it, he looks pretty handsome when he's not being an ass" Legend snickers.

"He is a nice person, you just need to get to know him" Grace laughs. " I don't want to know him either ways" Legend pouts "Not when he's ready to cut off my neck just because he sees me as a threat to having Val" he whispers. "Quite playing with that dough young man, that's food for people to eat, not a handball". Grace scolds  Legend pouts and releases the poor dough. He goes and hugs Grace acting spoiled. Other maids just act blind while Grace just shakes her head in happiness. She hadn't felt love of a child ever since her children and husband were killed.

She remembers that day like it was yesterday. She had come back from work and found her husband and children in a pool of blood. She had been working at the mansion as Valentine's nanny. The loss of her family had almost driven her crazy, but thanks to Maria Capozzi, Valentino's mom, she went through the pain and healed. She had given her a room in the mansion and every other thing she needed. Of course she knew her husband was dealing with some illegal business but hadn't advised him to stop because they badly needed the money for her daughter's surgery. Her daughter was suffering from brain tumor and had to be operated. At the end, she lost all of her family.