Happy Fella/Dexter AU

So, i was bored once, and i wanted to make an AU. Idk how it turned into a ship but it did.

Happy Fella/Dexter

Dexter and Happy Fella can switch personalities

Ex: Happy Fella helps Sad Guy when he's upset and Dexter switches back when Sad Guy is fine.

Normally they can control it unless there's a weird situation where they both want to 'be in

How it happened: All of the Happy Fella dolls got thrown into a fire and destroyed so other kids aren't at risk of dying, so naturally, Dexter went on to posses the big Happy Fella. Unfortunately, Happy Fella was kind of still a living person so rather than Dexter having his own body they decided on sharing. The Happy Fella felt bad for Dexter so thats why he agreed. It took a bit for Sad Guy to get used to it but he eventually did.

Sad Guy likes both versions of the Happy Fella, whether it be Dexter or just Happy Fella, he's a-okay.

When Dexter originally possessed Happy Fella, he planned on just stabbing himself when he had control to kill off Happy Fella, but he changed his mind after Happy Fella didn't act like Dexter was some sort of disease.

Happy Fella doesn't like it when Dexter gets upset or angry. Whenever this happens he normally lets him take control and cry into a pillow. He doesn't let him do it if he gets too angry, though, because he knows he killed animals (and people) in the past.

Sometimes when Dexter will take control to cry, Sad Guy will try his best to comfort him, which usually leads to the two cuddling on their bed and listening to music through earbuds.

While Sad Guy knows it's two different people, he just refers to them as one person.  It's not him being rude but it's just easier for him and the other two decided that that might be for the best.

Whenever anyone does anything to Sad Guy Happy Fella lets Dexter take control as long as he promises not to kill the person that did the thing to Sad Guy.

Happy Fella isn't one to flirt, but Dexter is. Happy Fella will be talking to Sad Guy and then Dexter takes control just to say another corny pick-up line that he thought of. Sad
Guy gets flustered by this pretty easily considering he isn't used to that.

They're all asexual, so they don't get into anything weird. They only really hug, cuddle, and sometimes kiss . It's not really like them to do anything more than that.

Sad Guy will very rarely smoke, and when he does, Happy Fella always tries to convince him to stop, which normally works. If he doesn't, Dexter takes control to say all the bad things it does to the environment which makes him stop.

Dexter will constantly go on rants about animals and facts about them. Whenever he does, Sad Guy will listen to him and tell him his input. Whenever Sad Guy isn't there or is asleep, he'll tell Happy Fella the same things and he pretends that he didn't already hear him say that to Sad Guy just so he's happy.

On the rare occasion that Happy Fella is sad, both Sad Guy and Dexter do their best to help, but it's difficult because they don't know how to comfort people. Happy Fella is still really happy that they're trying to help and that cheers him up.

They all three have very picky tastes in movies but also don't want to be annoying so whenever they have a movie night they'll decide who gets to choose the movie.

Because Dexter and Happy Fella can't kiss or anything, they normally just give each other compliments. Like 'I love your voice it's so pretty'

If Dexter could go back in time and never do the job for Lila, he would. The relationship he has now isn't worth the trauma and pain he went through for it to him. Sad Guy and Happy Fella completely understand this.

Happy Fella and Sad Guy weren't dating until Dexter came into the picture. It was weird, but eventually Dexter and Happy Fella confessed.

Sad Guy and Happy Fella are still TV characters, so that means they have no idea what happens outside of the show they are in. Dexter, of course, lived in that world so he tells them stories about that world a lot, which they love.

That being said, if Dexter were to somehow get out of the TV and back into reality, Sad Guy and Happy Fella's memory would be completely erased of Dexter. Dexter would still have those memories, and most likely have a horrible panic attack. (Keep in mind he was in the TV for a few years. And while Dexter didn't age, it was still a few years.)