Chapter 63

"another classic"

Andrew's POV

"It's like they don't even want to win," Rachel complained as she paced back in forth in her hotel room.

"Rachel, let's just take a breather okay?" I spoke, trying my best to calm her down which caused her to pause for a minute, but she kept going on about Bevin and the girls.

To say she was stressed about this whole cheer contest thing was an understatement. She had me awake the whole trip here to help her go through the steps of the routine which reminded me of last year when...

No. I'm not going there yet.

"Then Peyton and Haley are still missing practice which doesn't help."

"Hey, how bout I leave you alone, you take a nap. Get a good rest in before you throw yourself back into the whole planning thing." I smiled making her look at me before she gave in as she lay beside me. "See was that so hard?"

Instead of giving a verbal response Rachel just grabbed a pillow and whacked me. She really is nice.

"Hey I have a game tomorrow, you can't hurt the star player."

Still not bothering to lift her head from the bed, she just spoke with her eyes closed, "They have the drama brothers I think they'll be fine."

"Maybe but with those two it's like a ticking time bomb until it isn't. It might not be consistent but one always has something against the other.  Then the next, they're happy brothers. Either way, it affects their game."

Rachel laughed which is the first I'd heard on this trip. "Seems like you described them perfectly."

"That's the perk of observing people and steering away from the drama scene." I shrugged, glancing around the room

"It's not as fun when you stay away from it. Sometimes you have to spice it up, give it a little kick when it's getting boring." She says, causing me to shake my head.

"No, then at that point you're just meddling in other people's lives," Trying to argue Rachel's point, yet it didn't seem to bother her.

"Well, they should do a better job in keeping it more private." She says before sitting up to face me. "For example, everyone knows about the whole love triangle Lucas created between Peyton and Brooke. Literally took me a few days to find out about that."

I just shook my head before lifting myself off the bed and making the girl groan.

"Lay back down, we can rest together," Rachel smirked as her hand slid across the sheets.

I put on a smile before responding, "As tempting as it sounds, I'm gonna go the gym for a bit." Making the redhead roll her eyes.

"You tell me to relax but yet here you are not following your own rules."