Eighty: Hot Pursuit

To all my Wandering Firebender fans, I have a special treat for you all. Recently, I have partnered up to collaborate on Twitch with a vtuber that goes by the name of Iashiaya. Together with a couple of her friends, we have been doing live readings of Wandering Firebender! As of the night before this chapter is being posted, we have made it up to chapter 13, and the intention is to do the entire story little by little.

This has been really fun for me, as I get to voice Elio while the other lovely folks on stream get to react to each chapter for the first time in real time, while also voicing different characters such as Azula, Cassian, and Elio's family! It's a ton of fun, and I often get to give insight into what went behind writing this long story.

If you are interested in checking these out and having fun with us, go to /iashiaya where you can find the VOD's of all 4 of our Wandering Firebender streams thus far. I hope you do. It's a lot of fun for all of us, and Iashiaya is fun creator to work with. Thanks for reading as always, and now on with the show!

Elio's airship landed at the shore of the Earth Kingdom late at night. It was after dark, when the nearest shoreline town was totally asleep. The ship came in for a quiet landing in a clearing beside the beach. Once it touched down, a few of Elio's men stepped out to set up a formation around it.

"Sound the alarm if you see movement on the beach. For now, we'll let the crew get some rest. I'll be on top of the ship as well during the night." Elio said to the guards.

"Yes, captain. Would you like us to keep an eye on the town as well?" One of the guards asked.

"Yeah. I don't expect to see or hear anything from them until the morning but just keep an eye out. When the sun comes up, I'll swap you out so you can get your rest too." Elio said before sending them off.

Elio went back inside the airship and climbed up to the stairs until he reached a ladder that went up to the very top of the airship. He was about to go up but then he heard movement behind him. He turned around to see that Cindra had followed him.

"Hey. What's up?" Elio asked, surprised to see her.

"Where ya headed?" She asked.

"Up top. I wanna keep an eye on the shore myself." He said.

"I'll come with you." Cindra offered.

"You don't have to. Aren't you tired?" He asked.

"I've already slept too much," Cindra said with a little chuckle. "And talking might help keep you awake." She pointed out.

"Heh, alright." Elio agreed finally.

The two of them climbed up to the top of the airship together. Opening the hatch door, Elio was greeted by a cold breeze and chilly wet air. He stepped out then turned and reached down, taking Cindra's hand and helping her to step up to the top.

"Thank you. Ooh, this is higher than I thought it would be." Cindra giggled nervously.

"What exactly were you expecting?" Elio teased her and chuckled in amusement.

"I guess I wasn't thinking." Cindra admitted. The two of them sat down facing the beach, although they were barely able to see it since clouds were covering the moon.

"It's cold up here." Elio commented.

"Coming up here was your idea." Cindra pointed out.

"Yeah, I know. I mean, I can keep my body warm. Are you alright?" He asked, looking at her.

"I'm good. I've lived in the North Pole all my life, remember? This is nothing." She answered with a laugh. Elio chuckled and nodded.

"Heh, alright." He said before looking forward again. The two fell silent. After some silence, Cindra scooted over to sit closer to him.