CHAPTER 1

MAYAS POV
(irl)

"BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING"

the loud noise coming from my alarm startled me awake. i tried to ignore it till i realised it was 7:30

"fuck" i whispered. i jumped out of my bed and scared my dog. first day of sophomore year and i what? wake up at 7:30 when registration starts at 8.

rushing to the bathroom, i brushed my teeth in record time and jumped in the shower asap. i cursed myself as i realised i hadn't picked out an outfit the night before like i always did. i grabbed an oxford sweatshirt, my white tank & leggings and got dressed quickly.

i got my bag and ran downstairs, a quick good morning, put on my blazers, grabbed a granola bar and left the house. 7:55, and i was late to meeting my friends. they had already left our spot and thats when i knew i was fucked.

i had to run to school, having missed the bus, and got to school a wheezing, sweaty mess. i quickly brushed my hair and sprayed perfume and walked into school anxiously, and with my luck of course the tardy monitors were sweeping the halls and i got a tardy & a detention on my first day.

i pushed the door open to my homeroom at 8:10 and had 30 eyes staring at me as i took my saved seat next to my 2 friends. i gave them a grateful smile as my friend kennedy gave me a side eye, and my other friend laila gave me a dirty look.

my homeroom teacher, mrs brookland was NOT happy whatsoever. i had to endure a lecture about "Tardiness" and "Not Good Enough" and "First Day". i rolled my eyes subtly and started setting up everything for the new school year.

"where the hell where you maya?" kennedy said once we were going to 1st period, ap english.
"i woke up at 7:30... literally an hour and a half after i set my alarm" i murmured.
"i woke up at 5.. how did you miss ur alarm that badly?" laila cackled, "who you looking at?"

this whole summer i was off boys. after what happened in 9th grade, i was focusing on myself the year. or at least i thought i was.

everyone knows every basketball boy are players. you don't get close to them, because they'll break you as soon as you start trusting them. i would know, but it was so unfair they had to be so cruel and so fine.

tall, pretty smile and plays basketball was a dangerous combo that i fall for each time.

"please don't tell me your looking at them nasty ass basketball boys?" kennedy nudged me as i snapped out of my trance.
"oh nah of course not. i learnt my lesson, you know that kennedy" i reassured her half heartedly as she and laila shared a unsure look, "i promise" i tried again.
"what happened to focusing on yourself? i thought this year was gonna be your year?" she put quotation marks on the last part of her sentence. i shook my head and walked towards ap english.

which most basketball players took. which meant we were a mixed class of 10th and 11th graders, which meant he was in my english class.

i took a seat at the back of the class, and decided that maybe just one crush would be okay.

right?

|

first chapterrrrrrr
ion really write wattpad stories and im not american so my apologises if its absolute dogshit

anyway ill be releasing new chapters every weekend!

xoxo
author 💋