Chapter 1 - When Will We See Each Other Again?

"When will we see each other again?" is the question that Ezreal will never forget. He asked that question to his best friend, Kai'Sa, after they graduated from college. The day when she was also about to move away to start a new life six years ago. He remembers her being stunned, and could tell that she didn't know what to answer. All he did was wait for her to reply.

"I'm... not sure, Ez," Kai'Sa replies without looking at Ezreal's eyes, feeling guilty, knowing she may probably not see her best friend again. She knew working as a dancer in a group that has a possibility of becoming famous will be difficult, and it hurts that she will have no time for anything. Anything at all, "But I promise you, I will be back as soon as-"

"Hey. It's okay," Ezreal stops Kai'Sa. He knew she was lying. To be honest, she is bad at it. He could chuckle in despair, and say, 'You're really bad at lying. You could've told me the truth. I'm gonna be okay, ya know?' Instead, he hugs her tightly, not wanting to let go. He wants her to know that she made the right decision, "You don't have to promise me anything."

"But-" Kai'Sa was shocked. She wants to say something, but words can't come out of her mouth. She sighs heavily, and hugs Ezreal back as droplets of her tears come out of her eyes, "Ezreal..."

Ezreal could feel her tears on his neck, falling onto his back. He smiles faintly, and pats her back, comforting her, "Just be safe… and be happy, alright?"

"Same as you..."

Damn it, he thought. It was supposed to be today. He was supposed to confess how he feels that he likes her more than a friend.

But this is the perfect moment! She is about to go away, and you know you will not hear her voice, and see her anymore. You will only hear and see her in television, in concerts if you will ever go and have time… so why, why the hell are you not saying anything?! She needs to know! No… she has to know.

She has to know that he will always be there for her… no matter what.

"Hey, Ezreal. Wake up."

"W-What?" Ezreal wakes up and opens his eyes, but couldn't see a damn thing. Everything around him is so blurry. He rubs them with his cold bare hand, and as soon as his sight is going back to normal, he sees his friend from college, looking down on him, folding his arms, and- uh oh, that's not good. He looks angry, very angry, "Kayn?"

"The food's ready," Kayn said with his menacing tone, "Get dressed, and hurry your ass up."

Kayn walks out of Ezreal's room, and shuts the door. Ezreal frowns, doesn't get why Kayn is always in a bad mood towards him. Oh, right. He has been waking up at noon these past few days. Guess he was annoyed by that because he is always the one waking him up everyday. Good point.

He was having a hard time sleeping at night. He had no choice but to make himself sleep by scrolling on social media non-stop until dawn. This has been happening to him since summer. Maybe something was haunting him from the past. What was it? Why is this happening to him?

He then gets up from bed, and wipes his forehead when he realizes that he was sweating so much. He raises his eyebrow in confusion, then everything comes back to his mind in an instant. Damn, was it because of that dream..?

Dream. It's more like a memory. Why did he dream about that? About her? Is it a sign? Is Kai'Sa coming back? Pffft, nah. Maybe he just misses her so much.

He opens his closet, and grabs one of his favorite shirts that he has from college. He was in the soccer team with one of his old friends, the famous rapper, Ekko from True Damage. They won in some local competition that they've been planning for months, and after the match, they were given some awesome shirts that can be used at home.