P R O L O G U E

The Touch I Call Bittersweet/g̶o̶o̶d̶-̶b̶y̶e̶

[The Dream Chapter: Sleep]

.

This type of silence that's eerie and dark fills the room.

I can't help but to think is this really the recurring dream I had or is it beginning to become a distant nightmare.

I hate coming back to this dream just for it to be a dream.

A slight frown creeps up on my face just before the mysterious boy enters the dark room.

"See, what I was trying to say was this is not only my house but it's also-" 

He cuts off from his conversation with what seems to be the empty void we're in. I don't know I can't comprehend anything.

.

Hell.

I can't even make out what this place even is I think to myself.

"it's my house! if you're going to be disrespectful about it you might as well leave!" He says in a stern tone. Almost like a cold but faint punch in the throat.

I find it odd he's choosing to act cold today as he never does.

I slowly walk with my head down soon after finding myself standing in front of his tall frame.

he then pierces his striking gaze into my big brown orbs and soon after engulfs me into a big warm hug.

It doesn't feel like all the others I say to myself.

This time answers.

.

it feels like he is leaving, and I will never see him again.

"That's Right" he says almost as if he's trying to push back his stutters and tears that cloud his throat. The kind that forms painful knots.

"I'm never going to see you again. So, if it's one thing I'm going to not say, it's good-bye, because good-byes mean forever: I'm not leaving forever just for a while. I hope...!"

I ignore the pain in his face as I stare at the ground.

.

Snow. It's all I tell myself to think.

.

I don't feel like crying in my sleep tonight I just can't.

Before I can even utter another word, tears start to fall down his face onto my bare feet covered in the snow that lies on this snowy ground.

I can make out the scenery.

We're at the last place we met before it became a recurring dream.

.

It's serene.