CHAPTER 1- A New Life

The last time Armedea witnessed such merriment and gossip was ages ago when the kingdom was blessed with the birth of Prince Nicholas-Augustus Friederich Charles Edward Stuart IX. The entire kingdom could not keep the Royal betrothal Ceremony out of their mouths even though it had happened two months ago.
However, it is to be expected since it is the royal family for goodness sake. It would be more concerning if no one made a peep about it. Especially with the astonishing display of magic and the fact that for the first time in Armedean history, they would be ruled by two men who were married. Indeed, it was the era of gossip.
So, where are our protagonists today? - If you're still asking this question after everything that happened then you must be really bad at picking up clues. Nonetheless, there is only one place to find them— behind the grand walls of the castle. And this my friends, is where our story begins or in this case, continues.

ꕥꕥ

The castle gardens were high and rich. The land was adorned with green and a variety of speckled colors when viewed from afar. Roses, orchids, daisies, and even sunflowers engulfed the scenery. Vines and willows hung from the branches offering nature's little umbrella.

The winds danced through the branches and the soothing ambiance was near to the semblance of an ethereal realm. Flower petals were always dropping from their branches and swaying in the air.
The servants were always at his beck and call just like how he was in his old life. It's surprising how much can change when you're willing to take the first step. A lot of it was luck and the joint effort of those who cared for him in his journey but, he reveled in the fact that he made a move. If not, he'd have been in the deepest portions of the trenches.

"Royal life suits you", Isabelle commented as they nibbled on grapes and water in the middle of the garden under a shady willow tree in the bright afternoon sun.

" Don't even start.", Amari snapped amusingly. They both burst into a cacophony.

"On a more serious note, it does. I am so happy for you and how your life has changed. You truly deserve it", Isabelle continued.

Amari made a face and said " Greatly appreciated but where is all this coming from?", he chuckled.

"It's been two months since your betrothal ceremony. I thought your new life would give us more time to spend time together. Life gets very boring and I really miss you"

"I know...(sigh). The crown wants me in tip-top shape before I get married and get officially crowned as a royal. It's been a lot, to say the least. "

"What have they been torturing you with?" She asked with a smirk. "You want me to list them?" Amari asked with a mildly shocked expression.

"I have all the time in the world today", she replied as she slouched back on the bench.

" What about your ballet classes? Didn't you want to try conquering the world of dance?"

"It was a momentary decision", she groaned " I needed something to occupy my time after the ceremony. Especially since I was able to get my mother to stop giving me those horrid tutoring classes on etiquette and ladyhood. One more lesson on daintiness would kill me instantly. It's not even a joke" She continued to slouch on the bench trying to get the best angle of comfort.

"Goodness! Sounds like a whirlwind", he commented.

" A whirlwind would be my saving grace..(sigh)..so tell me about your torture. What have they been teaching you?"

"Well, to be a proper royal, the fundamental things to learn are History and Politics, Kingdom Relations, Law and Constitutional Matters, Economics, Strategic and Diplomatic Theory, Public Speaking and Etiquette, Leadership and Management, Philanthropy and Community Engagement, Financial Management, Philosophy, and Ethics. The rest, in Queen Emmaline's words, are just for show. That is table etiquette, fashion, dance, grooming, fragrance theory, fencing, embroidery, singing, and any kind of musical skill" Aside from all this studying, he devoted a lot of his time to helping the needy and making sure to show love and kindness to everyone--the love and kindness he hadn't received in a very long time. He even had an orphanage built.

Isabelle blinked. The woman was too stunned to speak. "I take back everything I said." They burst out laughing once again.

"Don't worry about a thing. I will be visiting you sooner than you think"

"How so?"

"Would it be weird to visit my maiden of honor?"
Isabelle's eyes grew wide. Now, she was really too stunned to speak. She cupped her mouth as she jolted out of her seat."You're lying. Stop lying. YOU'RE LYING", she cried. The tears wouldn't stop flowing. She was bursting with more excitement than she knew what to do with.

"Thank you" she whispered with teary eyes and went on to hug her friend.

ꕥꕥ

In the damp and cold dungeons, lay Lyanna. Her hair was disheveled. Her clothes were stinky and dirty. Her skin, once pale and blemish free now flashed scratch marks and dungeon chain marks.

"SCRUB HARDER!!" yelled the head maid, a plump lady who was loud and unapologetic.

Lyanna gave her the usual death glare she usually does. It was quite pathetic, to be honest, because threats without power are emptier than empty threats.

"I want this place spotless by the time I get back here. Don't even attempt to escape. Your scoundrel of a father might have succeeded but your fate will not be as lucky", she growled.

Yes, that's right. Her father escaped a month prior and left her for dead. He had not a single bone of regret in his body. All he wanted was money and power. The greed had infected his consciousness so badly that his daughter, his flesh and blood, was nothing but a tool. A key to wealthy pockets. A pretty face.

Lyanna's face squinted and turned red from all the frowning. She tried her best to hold in the tears as she scrubbed the stone floor. The events of the past three months raced through her mind. How did she get here?

Was she not beautiful and affluent not too long ago? So what happened?- Amari happened. Tears trickled down her face. Her body could not endure the internal turmoil she was suppressing.

Her hair began getting in her way of scrubbing so in a fit of rage, she pulled out a huge chunk of her hair. She did not realize it at first but the wave of pain hit her soon after like lightning which resulted in her sorrowful wails and cries as she crouched near the wall.

"This is all their fault. ALL OF THEM!!"

ꕥꕥ

Later that evening, Amari stayed in the royal library to keep up with his studies. The pressure of becoming a royal was getting to him and he did not want to look a fool.

He looked so small compared to the gigantic nature of the palace's book and records collection. With just a single candle as a source of light, the rest of the great library hall was illuminated by the soft moonlight.

Suddenly, footsteps echoed. "Is anyone there?", Amari yelled. Feeling scared, he spun on his heels only to meet his fiance's face.

" DEAR LORD!", Amari squealed. "You gave me such a fright"

Prince Nicholas giggled. "It never gets old too". He reached for Amari's waist and held him in a tight embrace as he planted kisses all over him.

" No, I don't have the time to be love drunk, today. I have a lot to catch up on before our wedding in four months"

"Urghhh....can't you postpone it? I miss you. This subject is not at all difficult. You don't even need to study.", he said taking the book and inspecting it.

" That's because you've had your whole life to study this. I have six months"

"Alright, I understand but just give us this night, please. A nice stroll in the gardens and maybe a moonlit dinner?", Nicholas said as he tried to convince his husband-to-be.

Not wanting to succumb to the temptation of his fiance, he denies his offer but inevitably gives in since he definitely needed a break. They walk out of the library and bump into Lyanna in the hallway sweeping the floors.
The trio just stared at each other for a bit and they all walked away.