Chapter 14

Hey everyone!

I'm sorry for the longest wait ever! I have been going through some majors changes in my life which also changed my priorities. I'm now focusing on living one day at a time - getting my studies done and surviving my current job.

Please know that I appreciate every single one of you who loves this story just as much as I do. It'll take some time but this story will be finished eventually. I promise you :)

But now, please enjoy the new chapter and let me know whta you think!

xoxo

Katie

*********************************************************

Katie's POV

I jumped when I heard tumbling and a heavy thud from behind me. I was so confused and scared of what was happening that I huddled closer to Brian, who I wanted to calm down in the first place. I could feel the heat of his skin beneath my palm that was resting on his chest and his arms around my waist held me protectively close to his body.

"Dude, what the fuck?" I heard Zacky ask in disbelief. This was more or less what I was thinking. I had only caught bits of Brian's argument but when I heard his opponent calling my name I couldn't believe my ears. Jeremy had been the last person I had expected to show up in this place.

When I turned around I saw Matt slowly getting up from tackling Jeremy to the hard wooden floor of Brian's entrance hall.

"You come here, unannounced. Who do you think you are?" Matt growled, "How stupid can you be?"

To be honest, seeing Matt this angry, with his muscles flexed and his wild face and his shaved head; that was really scary. Deep down I knew that I didn't have to fear him but my hands unconsciously tightened around Brian's arms. That's when I noticed that he was just as tensed and ready to fight as Matt and I guess all the other guys in the room were. Seriously, I had no idea what was going on.

"Me? Being stupid?" Jeremy asked as he slowly got up, holding his side, "After everything that happened to her you lot are expecting me to let her run into another disaster just like that?"

"This is none of your business." Zacky said, his fists clenched.

"Oh hell it is!" Jeremy yelled, making me and Val jump. "He will break her! He will build her up only to crush her heart once and for all!" He pointed at Brian, "I cannot and I will not let that happen." He shook his head turning away from Matt and Zacky towards me.

"Baby, I beg you. Come with me. Come with me and I swear you'll be the happiest you'll ever be." He held out his hand, looking at me with those beautiful eyes full of love and concern. But before I could even consider taking Jeremy's hand Brian pushed me behind him.

"You fucking bastard." He growled, "Who do you think you are?"

"I am the best for her."

"The best for her? How can you fucking know what's best for her when you are here harassing her into a life she doesn't want?"

"I know what's best for her because I have been there from the beginning!"

"Oh have you now."

"Yes, I have and I know her better than you ever could."