Chapter 2

Brian groaned and gritted his teeth so he wouldn’t bite his tongue off. Michelle’s hand held vise-like onto his, her fingernails digging deep into his skin. Her beautiful face was distorted by pain and frustration. She just wanted it to be over and done with. She wanted this incredible pain to stop and just go to sleep. Sweat and tears ran down her face, her hair was a mess and she had slowly lost all her dignity. There was nothing left but this sheer endless agony that washed over her in heavy waves, making her curse the world and especially Brian for putting this baby inside her body.

“Come on, baby girl. You can do this. Push.” Brian said softly and brushed Michelle’s wet bangs out of her sweaty face. He was suffering with her but at the same time he felt so proud - proud of Michelle and her incredible strength and of his son. God, he was a father. He, Brian Haner Jr, a.k.a. Synyster Gates, a.k.a. serial womanizer, was about to become a dad. He would have never thought that something like this would happen to his 32 year old self.

“It’s almost done. Two more and your beautiful boy will be with us. Now … push!” The midwife said from somewhere between the woman’s legs and pulled him back to reality. Groaning and whimpering in pain Michelle channeled once more her strength and pushed as hard as she could. Why was it taking so long? Why couldn’t her son just … pop out or something? She loved this little human with all her heart but she felt like he was killing her, tearing her up from the inside. Michelle gritted her teeth and groaned in pain as she pushed with all she had. She was clinging to Brian’s hand as if it was the only thing that kept her alive. And it actually was the source of her strength. Feeling his warm, calloused hand wrapped around her cold and sweaty one helped her stay sane through this seemingly endless torture. Brian was the man she had loved for half of her life. She had given him everything, especially her hand in marriage. Yes, they were divorced, she had accepted that. Just like the fact that he was with some random German girl. But knowing that he was here with her, witnessing how their son was coming into this world filled her with so much happiness and relief, if not even love. Michelle loved him still. But how could she not?

“Ok, one last time. It’s almost over, come on.” The midwife said.

“Almost there baby girl.” Brian kissed Michelle’s forehead.

“One … two … three!” They counted her in and with one last push she felt her baby slip into this world. Through her clouded senses she waited for a sign that everything was ok. That’s when she hear a light whimper and then her boy started to cry from the top of its lungs.

“Welcome, handsome fella.” The midwife smiled as she wrapped the baby in come blue sheets and came to the side of his mother’s bed. “Here you go. But I’ll need him back in a couple of minutes for the check-ups.” She smiled as she placed the bundle into Michelle’s arms.

“Hello, baby.” Michelle carefully held her son in her arms. Immediately he calmed down as he heard his mother’s voice and hiccupped a bit. With a pale and shaky hand Michelle carefully caressed the red and wrinkled skin of her baby boy, that was still covered in blood and some kind of white slime. But she didn’t care. All she could do was cry happy tears and feel her heart explode from the endless amount of love that was pouring out to this little human in her arms.

Brian stood there in absolute awe. He looked down at this tiny little, beet red, grumpy looking monkey with a lot of dark hair on his small head and he felt his heart soar. He could feel how this unconditional love and happiness was filling him up and he knew that he could never ever leave his son alone in this cruel world. Brian smiled down at his son and lightly touched his tiny hand with his index finger, only to have him wrap his little fingers around it. He couldn’t help it, Brian gasped and his heart was racing in his chest. Seeing this tiny hand holding onto him made him well up and realize what a precious gift this baby was.