~ First meeting ~

Neteyam's pov

We had been traveling for some time now, I had lost count of the hours. The air whipped my hair and hit me hard in the face.

It wasn't a good feeling. We were going very fast.

" How much longer. " Tuk asked.

" My little darling, you just have to hold on a little longer "

Tuk snorted and snuggled closer to mom's chest and closed his eyes. It pained me a lot. She was tired. We all were.

I looked in Lo'ak's direction. He wasn't very happy. And how could it be? We have left our home, our people, everything, to seek refuge with the Metkayna clan, to escape the Sky People. Who knows if they would have welcomed us. And how were they made? Were they the same as us or different?

" Bro, are you all right? " Lo'ak asked. " You have a creepy face."

I giggled. " All ok little skxawng. I'd rather watch out for the duck. "

" What du- " He didn't have time to finish the sentence, the bird hit him straight in the face, almost making him fall. Lo'ak moaned.

" That duck." I said.

Kiri, who was flying behind us, burst out laughing.

" Shut up! " he whimpered. " You're the one who distracted me."

" Yes, of course. "

" We have arrived! " announced our father.

Tuk woke up suddenly. " I'm awake! Are we there? Are we there? " She asked all excited.

Wish I had that enthusiasm of hers. We landed on the beach and got off our Ikrans.

Soon a group of Na'vi surrounded us. They studied us with curiosity and contempt. The mothers held the babies in their arms, they seemed ready to punch us, as if we were a threat to their family.

They were different from us: they had much lighter skin, blue ocean color, blue eyes. They had webbed hands and a flat tail, possibly for easier swimming. It was fascinating to see how each clan got used to its own habitat. The number of people increased more and more.

My father opened his hands as a sign that he had no weapons. I did the same.

My mother didn't seem happy to be there, in fact she seemed to want to kill herself. I saw my brother watching a girl come out of the water.

She must have been his age. She brushed her wet hair off her shoulder. She was really pretty. I was sure Lo'ak was already hooked on her. Mom noticed it too, smiling.

Two boys made their way through the crowd, they must have been my age. The one in front had dark hair tied up in a bun and was bigger and more muscular than me. I had to admit it was really cute. Except the look he was giving us. That look that only alphas have when they have to protect their territory from probable invaders.

The second boy had a mop of curly black hair and a bit of a baby-like face. My father's words came back to me.

You have to pay respect to those people.

Lo'ak and I made the "I see you" sign

Oelngatikameie

The cute boy ignored us.

What an arrogant obnoxious skxawng.

I had just arrived and had already found someone to blacklist. Or on the list of people to smother in their sleep.

He scrutinized us one by one. He didn't pay much attention to Tuk. He looked at Lo'ak and Kiri with the same alpha face, adding a little disgust.

Then he stopped on me.