Memories Special || Joonie x Riri

yeah i know it's 2am but enjoy reading!!! 🌻✨❤️

__

🐨 BEDTIME STORIES 🐨
[aera: 5 years old]

"one more, p'ease oppa," aera pouts, staring at the elder male with her head tilted to the side and eyes shimmering in anticipation, wanting to hear another story before she can finally sleep in peace.

namjoon sighs deeply, out of stories now, as he stares at the little girl who's watching him all so eagerly. he smiles eventually, glancing up at the ceiling, trying to think of a new story to tell aera. she waits patiently, although her gaze builds up pressure on namjoon, making him sigh, nodding slowly with a tiny 'ah' as he remembers one, "alright, this will be the last story for tonight," he says and aera nods like a good girl.

she wriggles in her spot and lays her head on his muscular arm again, staring up at his face with a wide smile, letting him know that she's listening, "there used to be a bunny," he smiles with his story as he makes it up, having used all the animals in the jungle each day he tells aera a new story. yesterday it was a tiger, before that a goat, and before that it was a fox and so on. namjoon wonders how rabbit is still left.

"a bunny?" aera asks, getting a nod from namjoon, "bunnies are so cute. riri wan' bunny tomorrow,"

"no, where are we going to keep a bunny? it's only for the story, kiddo," he chuckles.

"why? i like bunny..."

"okay, we'll let riri have a bunny in the story. is that okay?"

aera smiles, nodding her head, happy to have a bunny even if it was in a story. namjoon ruffles her hair, continuing, "so, this bunny used to live in a town called... uhm,"

"carrot town!" aera chimes.

"yes, carrot town," namjoon laughs, "there were a lot of carrots. everyone ate carrots at home, the venders sold carrots, and even the houses and cars were shaped like carrots,"

"ew..." aera scrunches her face, "no, joonie oppa, bunny live in chocolate town,"

"no, baby. bunnies live in carrot town. naughty babies live in chocolate town," aera doesn't agree with that, but stays quiet as namjoon carries on with the story, "so one day, bunny went to the market to get some carrot chocolates for his baby,"

"nooo!" aera pouts, sitting up as she expresses her disapproval with the storyline so far, "carrot chocolate is yucky! baby no' wike that!"

"they do, aera. they're good babies. they like carrots," namjoon says, "now i want you to be quiet and listen to the story, or you'll have to sleep without it. do you want that?"

"no..." she mumbles, laying down but this time on namjoon's chest. he pats her back gently, trying his best to put her to sleep.

"good girl. now where were we?"

"bunny get carrot chocolate for his baby,"

"yes, right. so when he went to the market, his wife told him get some extra carrots as well because they were going to have a delicious dinner. it was their baby's birthday. but as he arrived in the supermarket, he found that they were all out of carrots. the shelf that was always full of carrots was empty,"

"yes!" aera giggles, "then bunny go to 'nother store and he takes chocolate for baby!"

"no, hang on," he sighs, resting her head down again and says, "the bunny got worried because he wanted to celebrate his baby's birthday with their favourite carrot dinner. the other stores were closed and another supermarket was too far as it was already late. then a girl came by, holding a basket of carrots,"