Ch.1: Real Love

Stan's POV:

"R: Aww. You guys are so cute, keep it up!!" I don't even know who this girl is. I give Wendy a look, signaling for her to respond. "W: Thanks!!" And just like that, the red haired girl ran off.

'"S: Who was she?'

'W: Oh, Red? She's one of my girlfriends.'

'S: You're dating?! Why didn't you tell me?'

'W: Oh my god, Stan. We're not actually dating, we just call each other that. You should know this by now.'

'S: Oh. Okay, then.'"

That's pretty weird. I mean, I don't call my friends my boyfriends. But I won't comment on it because I really don't feel like angering Wendy, especially since we're linking arms. She'd probably break my arm without hesitation. Wendy can be scary.

'"W: Stan, wanna come to my house after school?'

'S: Sure. What for?'

'W: Oh, you know. Just to hang out.'

'S: Oh. Okay.'"

On our way to the cafeteria, we got lots of compliments on our relationship. God, they are so off.

Once we entered the cafeteria, we parted ways and got to our tables. Wendy sat with all of her "girlfriends," and I sat with Kyle, Kenny, and Cartman. I sat next to Kyle, as always. He was arguing with Cartman, as always. Kenny's laughing at Cartman, as always. They're probably fighting over something dumb, as always.

'"K: Shut up, fatass! I don't like Bebe!'

'C: Ey! If you don't like her, how come you're always going to her house after skewl?! And I'm not fat, I'm big boned!'

'K: That's because.. Because..'

'C: Because what?'"

I stare at Kyle, who is visibly troubled and angry. I know this look, all too well. It means that if Cartman doesn't admit he's wrong this very second, he's going to receive a punch from Kyle. But Cartman also knows this look, so right as Kyle balls his hands into fists, Cartman runs off. "Wow, look at the time. I better head to class," he says.

But what if Cartman isn't wrong? What if the reason Kyle can't come up with an excuse is because he really likes Bebe? What if she likes him back? What if-

"Dude, Stan. Are you okay?"

Kyle always notices when something's off with me, just like I always notice when something's off with him. That's why I didn't think much of it when he asked, but I knew I looked visibly uncomfortable when Kenny adds, "Yeah, dude. You look like you just pissed yourself."

I'm so stupid. I can't even hide my own emotions.

"I'm fine, It's just some some relationship problems," I respond while picking at my food. This upset Kyle, I could tell.

He gets upset whenever I bring up relationship problems, but he fails at hiding it. He fails at hiding it from me, at least. He's been our biggest supporter since freshman year, though I really wish he wasn't.

"If you say so," Kyle says. He can sense something's off again, but I'll just ignore it. His skeptical face is cute anyway, so I'll keep him curious. Kyle himself is cute in general, actually. I really shouldn't care about that right now, though.

What I care about is the awkward silence filling our table. Luckily, Kenny breaks it.

'"Ke: So.. You guys got plans after school?'

'Ky: Oh, yeah! My parents aren't home till a few months, so wanna crash at mine? Like, practically living with me for a few months.'

'Ke: Hell yeah!'

'St: I'll ask my parents.'

'Ky: Alright. But just know that Craig's gang might come to hang from time to time. They'll probably scatter around the house while we're in my room.'

'Ke: Fine by me.'

'St: Alright.'

'Ky: Cool! Sunday at 3?'

'St: Yup.'

'Ke: Mhm!'"

After making a few activity plans for the hangout, the lunch bell rung. Time for class. How amazing.

Well, at least Kenny's in it. We have most our classes together because we're both lower class. In a nutshell, we're stupid as hell.

"Let's go, Kenny. See ya, Kyle." I wave to Kyle, as Kenny and I part ways with him.

Once enter class, we sit in the back. We don't even talk unless we have a question for each other, so we just pull out our phones and do our thing.

"Our thing" is just random shit on our phones until class is over. This teacher is just as strict as my P.E teacher, meaning not strict at all.

I wanna talk to Wendy. Everyone probably thinks I go to her house and make out with her or something, but that's far from the truth. We just date to keep our public images in tact.

She's the smartest girl in our grade, and I'm dumb but friends with everyone. That's why everyone think that we're, "meant for each other." You know, the classic jock and nerd stereotype.

Neither of us asked each other out, though. We came up with this plan long ago so no one would question our sexualities, but it helped our images. We kept it going and have for a long time now.

In all honesty, I actually had feelings for her when we first started the fake dating. But eventually, my feelings for her faded away the more I hung out with Kyle.

I love going to her house. She's the one person I get to talk to about Kyle, and she always talks to me about Bebe.

It's like our own little secret. It's actually pretty fun sharing a secret like this without the fear of it getting leaked. I can trust her and she can trust me.

We love each other much more than we love anyone else, but platonically. Romantically, I definitely only love Kyle and Wendy only loves Bebe. That's just the way it is.