Ch.9 (Epilouge): The Truth of the Relationship

Kyle's POV (Graduation day, May 26th):

After receiving a worrying text from Stan, I rush to his room. I gently open the door..

Where is he?! I search all over his room, looking for clues of where he could possibly be, then I remember a certain little chest.

"You're probably surprised that I'm writing this because it's not something that I'd write, but that's fine.

I'm surprised I made it to senior year, to be honest. I'm dumb and nowhere near smart. I googled all the answers to my assignments, which is how I got straight A's.

My teachers decided to be stupid and let us do homework that was all not even created by them, but by other teachers online. They're so un-creative.

That's not important right now, though. My favorite memory is important, that memory being today.

We all threw a big party for you at a big mansion we rented. You deserved it for dealing with all our bullshit.

You also deserved it for letting us live in your house for the last year and few months. We've all gotten pretty tall, including you. You got a job using a fake ID to pay for rent here, which you risked for us.

You payed rent for all of us. It was probably so much money, but you still payed. Your parents ended up moving away permanently and left you here all alone.

This just put you under so much stress, causing your eye bags to be bigger than mine. That says a lot.

But so far, I've written a short summary of my favorite memories with you. Even if you don't need me, I need you.

Since you're graduating and I'm not, I'd rather not cause you trouble by freeloading at your place.

I've hidden this journal somewhere where I thought you'd find it, Kyle. I hid it in the chest I made based on you, of course. The one I gave you the key to, which you obviously know if you're reading this.

That's why it's colored orange, green, and red. Red for your hair, orange for your signature jacket, and green for your signature hat and gloves. I bet you my life you didn't know that.

I made this decision because I don't want to put you in more stress than you're already in. I don't care for anyone else since I've distanced myself from my parents.

I only care for you, Kyle. If being with you won't help you, making things worse for you, I don't want to bother you.

I don't have much time. The pills will kick in soon. I've written this to tell you that I've decided not to bother you and let you know why I made this decision.

I have other reasons, too. I just can't explain them through a journal. I haven't been taking my meds either.

Things will look so much better for you if you don't have to worry about me so much. You'll do better without me. It's simple. It's the truth of the relationship.

Take this as my birthday present to you. I love you more than you could ever imagine, Kyle.

Sincerely,
Stanley Marsh,"

For fucks sake, why would he ever thing he was a nuisance?? I Fall to the ground and start sobbing, the only thing that kept me motivated now gone. Forever.

I swear, I've never cried this hard. Not even when my parents yelled at me for the first time. I hug the chest tighter, sobbing harder than ever before.

I feel my head spiraling. I'm going insane. I hear them, the voices. They're calling for me. No. They're  desperately yelling for me in their whisper-ish voices.

"Kyle! Kyle! Kyleeee!" They yell. Their screams get louder every second that passes, and I start feeling them shake me. To keep myself from falling, I hold on to the chest.

I slowly start feeling woozy, my vision changing in a way. "KYLE. DUDE. KYLE!!"

Dude..?

"S: Finally, dude! You were crying in your sleep and you would not let go of me!'

'K: Sorry, Stan. It was just a bad dream.'

'S: Well, are you okay now?'

'K: Yeah, much better. Night, Stan.'

'S: Night.'"

What a relief.