CHAPTER 23

Brandy's POV

Break is sadly over and it's time to get back to reality. I pulled on a pair of skinny jeans a long sleeve back shirt and my Boston Birkenstock's. The boys busted my balls about them but hey I like them and I'm going to wear them.

I ran downstairs grabbing my bag and meeting Taylor in the kitchen. "This makes me kinda sad, after all these years I no longer have to take you to school" he pouted sticking his lip out. "Hey now you can get to work earlier and get out earlier I think that's a slight score on your end" I giggled. "I wish but I'm pulling a double today I won't be home until late, love you" he kissed my head and I followed him out and Ashton was already waiting for me. "Love you Tay" I called before climbing into Ashton's truck.

"How's my pretty lady this morning" He beamed grabbing my hand. "We'll I don't want to go to school but other than that fine I guess" I shrugged. I haven't told anyone about what Bellamy said to me nor have I even seen him. His truck is either gone or he's holed up in his room when he is home. None of the boys even seem concerned I'm a little confused.

"You alright?" He asked intertwining our fingers. "Ya I'm good I'm just stressing out a bit for school it seems like so much has happened over this break I don't know what to think" I sighed. "Brandy if she so much as looks at you the wrong way you call or text me and I'll be there you hear me" he said looking over at me. I nodded putting my head down.

We walked into school and it felt like everyone's eyes were on us. Yes big surprise loser Brandy is with the hottest guy at this school. I felt my cheeks flush and Ashton chuckled. "You're fine babe I promise" he squeezed my shoulder. We walked into math and I threw up my bag down slouching in my seat. "I can't wait to the day I never have to take math again I think I'm gonna fail the exam" I sighed putting my head in my hands. "Hey we can study together we'll pass no worries" Ashton smiled. His smile can light up a room I can't be upset when I see him smile at me.

I was digging through my locker trying to find my other sneaker for gym when the door was slammed on me. My shoulder radiated in pain and I stood up to see Brianna and her friends standing there. For real? You would think if she was seeing my best friend she would tone it down, after Ashton has said stuff to her? Guess not.

"I can't believe you would do something like that to Bellamy" she hissed. I looked at her extremely confused. "What did I do I've barely talked to him in a week" I snapped and she rolled her eyes. "You don't call someone your family and then manipulate them so they have nobody" She snickered. I was taken back what the hell did he tell her? "What are you talking about, Bellamy will always be a part of our family no matter what" I shouted at her a little bit. "Nice try Brandy we know the kind of person you really are I wander if Ashton knows too" she smirked before walking away.

I took a deep breath before regathering myself and walking to gym. I sent Bellamy a text saying we need to talk before changing and lining up for attendance. Today we're playing kickball which is one of my favorites. My team was kicking first and I was hoping to use this as my outlet because I'm on the verge of having a total freak out.

I was up to kick and I kicked the ball as hard as I could and was stopped on second base with Matt guarding me. I stared straight ahead waiting for the next kick. "What's wrong" he asked coming into my view. "Nothing I'm fine" I muttered. "Brandy I may not know you well but you wear your emotions all over your face" He chuckled.

"Some bad shit is going down and I don't know what I did wrong I need to go home but I also don't want to go home, I'm freaking out Matt ok" I snapped. "Do I need to get Ashton" He asked and I shook my head. "Only one more class after this and he's taking me home I can manage" I sighed.

As soon as school was over I sprinted to Ashton's truck ripping the door open and jumping in. "Wanna go get ice cream?" Ashton asked. "Can we take a rain check on that please" I asked and he looked at me weird. "What's wrong" he sighed turning to me. "Something big is going on Ash and I don't know what I did wrong I need to go home" I said quietly. "What's going on?" He bursted out.