i. wolf moon

A school bell rings outside a brick building swarming with students. Cody Martin slams the door to his matte black BMW shut before he takes off his sunglasses, smiling at his twin sister, Lydia, as they enter the courtyard of Beacon Hills High.

"Do you think they'll ever stop staring?" Cody whispers, a slight smirk on his face as he walks between the pathway that the students made for them.

Lydia chuckles, "Don't pretend like you don't love it."

Cody shrugs, the boy holding up his hands as if weighing the options. "True. But still, it's getting kind of old. Like just take a picture, it'll last longer." He comments. He then notices Jackson Whittemore, Lydia's lacrosse captain, straight-A student, boyfriend checking himself out in the window of his gray Porsche. "Yo, Jackson! Let's go!" He yells, prompting the boy to walk alongside them. Cody fake gags as Jackson pecks Lydia's lips, earning an eye roll from his sister.

"Hey, Lydia! You look - " Some random guy says, trying to gain their attention. Lydia doesn't spare him a glance. "Like you're gonna ignore me..."

Cody chuckles in pity, turning his head to make a comment as they walk past. "Next time, brother." He says to the lanky boy before opening the double doors for Jackson and Lydia.

Jackson quirks an eyebrow in confusion, "What do you mean next time? Dude's got no shot."

Cody rolls his eyes, "Obviously I was kidding. I love to mess with guys who hit on my sister. That's why I haven't stopped messing with you since you guys started dating."

Jackson squints, "Uh huh. Or maybe it's because you have nothing better to do. We have got to find you a girlfriend."

Cody feigns offense. "I don't need a girlfriend and I don't want a girlfriend. Clearly you haven't noticed because you're too busy looking in the mirror every two seconds, but I can get anybody I want." He says, leaning against the lockers as Lydia opens hers.

"So what are you waiting for? Take your pick." She says, glancing at the dozens of girls staring at her brother in lust.

Cody shrugs, "I don't know. That just doesn't excite me. It's too easy. I want a girl to... I don't know, challenge me?"

Lydia raises her eyebrows, "You want a challenge? Getting a girl to like you shouldn't be a competition, Cody."

The boy groans, "I know. I just want someone to like me for me, and not because everybody else does."

"Well you'll never know if you don't give someone a chance." The redhead tells him.

"Yeah, I know." He murmurs, glancing around the hallway in thought before the first bell rings. Him and Jackson do a quick handshake before they part ways.

The Martin boy sits at the back of his homeroom, watching as the teacher writes on the chalkboard.

"As you all know, there indeed was a body found in the woods last night." Mr. Curtis starts, turning to face the class. "And I am sure your eager little minds are coming up with various macabre scenarios as to what happened. But I am here to tell you that the police have a suspect in custody, which means you can give your undivided attention to the syllabus which is on your desk outlining this semester."

A sea of groans erupts as everyone picks up the syllabus in front of them.

Vice Principal Richardson enters the classroom alongside a tall, fair-skinned brunette girl with long hair. The girl avoids eye contact with the class, wearing a small, nervous smile as she stands next to the man. "Class, this is our new student, Allison Argent. Please do your best to make her feel welcome." VP Rich announces before leaving the classroom.