1. The Night

At home

8:00 am

"Darling" "Mom" Both the father daughter duo sir in unison while coming in the kitchen where a lady was arranging dishes.

"Honey we both are getting late. " "Yes Mom. " Both father and daughter said.

"Oh dears now come on have breakfast. " The lady said.

All were having their breakfast peaceful.

"Jane do you know Mrs Watson's son. I have heard he is an attorney. " The lady said.

"Mom I already told you I'm not interested in getting married at all. "

"Jane you are already 24 . Are you seeing someone? Honey say something." Lady said.

"What can I say darling? Our daughter is still young and whenever see find a suitable man she will ket us know. Right Sun. " Her dad replied.

"Right dad. And mom I'm not gonna get married in this birth so keep dreaming." Jennifer replied teasingly.

"Are you even hearing her honey?" Lady said.

"Well bye mom we're getting late. " Jane said running towards her car.

"Yes darling. Don't stress yourself. Take care. Goodbye. " The man said to Lady and kissed her forehead.

"DAD!!! Are you coming or should I leave you? " Jane shouted from outside.

"Coming sun" With that the man left.

On the way

"Dad are you still gonna not tell about me it?"

"Yes sun it's for your own safety."

"What about your safety?" 

"Don't worry about me and I know your little investigation behind my back." 

"What investigation dad? What're you talking about? " Jane said innocently.

"Don't play innocent sun I know you're spying on me. I'm your dad. "

"Now listen sun, don't involve yourself in my case it's risky and I know you both are worried for me and trust me. " The man said. Jane tries to object but was cut off hy her father.

"Don't object sun. Focus on your case. " The man said sternly.

"JENNIFER GARRETT" The man a bit sternly and loudly when Jane didn't replied.

"Okay. I understand. " Jennifer said.

"Good and maybe I will come late tonight
so don't wait for me. Okay? " The man said.

"Ok but where are you going? " Jennifer asks.

"Well sun it's confidential. " Teh man replied.

"You and your confidentiality. " Jennifer mumble.

Soon they reach the headquarter of crime branch and parted way to their respective cabin.

At the cabin

"MR. HARLAND GARRETT. Man long have I been waiting for you. " A man seems to be in his 40s says.

"Okay now come to the point. " Harland replied.

"No greetings man. Okay suit yourself. "

"Are you done Ryan?"

"Oh yes I think. So we have analysed everything from the information you have provided. And concluded that the next smuggling is going to taking place in the east side of Porto De Salerno. " Ryan said.
"My instinct was true. " 

"One more thing Harland. Markus is gonna be present there."

"Markus right hand of Don Massimo. A single evidence will be enough to bring that bastard behind the bars. Arrange everything Ryan. He can't escape now." Harland said coldly.

k I'll prepare our squad for tonight. And I'm coming along.. " Ryan couldn't complete his sentence was abruptly cut off by Harland.

"No one is coming with me I'm going there alone. I can't risk anyone life. " Harland said deadly.

"But.. "

"No but Ryan and tell Jennifer to be prepared. "

"Prepared for what? " Ryan ask.

"You will know. "

After the shift

At night

Jennifer was on her way to her house.
She stops in front of a cafe to get herself coffee. She gets her coffe and walks towards the parking lot. As she was walking someone caught her eyes.

A guy. A BIG GUY He was wearing a black hoodie and was continuously staring at her.

She gets suspicious when the guy starts walking towards her. She concluded the guy must be in his 20s as the way he walks. He stops just in front of her and raise his hands.
As she observes his movement and sees a golden ace card in between his fingers.

"Be prepared

"Be prepared. "

With that he gave the card he left. Jennifer turns around to call him but he was nowhere to be seen. She was dumbstruck with what happened just now. She couldn't saw his face but was sure he is in his 20s.

Just then she realizes the card. The ace card was looking antique. "Thrones And Roses" Was written in it. Many questions was in her mind but her train of thought ws broken by her phone ringing.
She answered the call.

"Where is he? "