Chapter 7: The Second Phase part 2

My pov:

" Well, I only work behind the scenes and when there's an issue much like this one. " Netero said. " So, Mench-kun, I heard that you failed all of the applicants because they couldn't satisfy you except for one. "

Menchi nodded and said.

" Yes, I did. Those girls over there satisfied me but the others didn't take cooking seriously and it angered me. I let my anger get the best of me. I'm sorry " Menchi apologized " Therefore, I request to you that you repeat the second phase and I would like to resign as a examiner. "

While Menchi said those things, I noticed Grandpa's eyes move down. I then remembered what he was looking at and then looked back at him.

" Dirty Grandpa... " Sei whispers to me as I nodded.

" Hmm... That would be a problem. It would be hard to find another examiner at this moment. " Netero said with a poker face.

Menchi bowed.

" I apologise " she said.

" How about this; you don't need to resign as an examiner and repeat the second phase only with a different task this time? " Netero suggested.

Menchi looked up

" That's right. " she smiled and said " Alright, the second phase will be repeated but with a different category! "

" The category this time will be... Boiled eggs! " Menchi announced. " Chairman, could you take us to Mt. Split-in-half in your airship? "

" Certainly, I can " Netero said.

Once all of the applicants reached the top of Mt. Split-in-half. Before Menchi could demonstrate.

Sei and I jumped down while grinning, shocking everyone but Grandpa. We grabbed a bunch of eggs and then conjured some wings made out of our Mana and flew out.

Once we landed, the boys ran to us.

" You idiots! You nearly gave us a heart attack!! " Leorio scolded as Kurapika nodded.

" That was cool, Y/n-san! Sei-san! " Gon says enthusiastically.

" I didn't know you two can fly " Killua said, impressed.

" What are you two doing?! Don't encourage them! "

Menchi and the other applicants just sweat dropped at the sight before she demonstrated.

After that she began to explain but a large number of the applicants including our friends jumped before she could finish explaining.

Our friends and some applicants jumped down and held on to the ravine. Some of them let go before the wind even came.

But thanks to Gon, most of them including our friends were able to get an egg and come back to the top.

" Great job, everybody " Menchi congratulated and looked at the others who didn't jump down.

" I guess you guys give up, huh? " Menchi said " Now, we need to boil these eggs. "

Once the eggs finished boiling, each of the applicants who jumped down the pit was now eating their eggs.

" This is good. No wonder these are called dream eggs. " Kurapika noted while I nod happily.

I wonder what would my food taste like if I added this to my recipes? what if I added this into a cake or side dishes?

Third person pov:

Y/n was lost in her culinary plans until Kurapika's voice snapped her back into reality.