Chapter 179: We'll Meet Again Soon

Both Calista and Hak simultaneously let out a high-pitched squawk that had Yona doubling over in a fit of giggles, only to cry out in pain when she pulled at her stitches.

"Princess!!" Hak blurted out, nearly crashing into her like a ram in his haste to haul her in his arms. He stopped just short of toppling her over, hands settling on her shoulder and side to brace her as his gaze flitted over her worriedly.

"Ow— ah, I'm fine, Hak." Yona said between giggles as he helped her straighten, her smaller hands landing on top of his as though it was second nature. She smiled up at him, and his breath caught in his throat.

His expression softened. "Princess..."

"I promise." Yona soothed, calming herself before stepping out of his hold to go to her friend. "Calista, are you alright?"

Calista gave her a secret smile that saw right through her but didn't call her out and nodded her confirmation. "Yes. Just fine, thank you."

Yona gave her a look that could only be described as appraising before her skirts swirled around her ankle as she turned on her heel and disappeared back into the room.

The siblings shared a look, Hak shrugging cluelessly when she arched a brow at him, silently conveying to her, "don't look at me, I know just as much as you do".

They walked in together, Calista following in after her brother, only to jump back in shock when someone tunneled into her.

"Where did you go?!"

Yoon's teary eyes, nose scrunched up in fury but face contorted in blatant worry had her heart breaking at the sight.

Hand landing on top of his head, Calista guided him in close as the first sniffle broke through. The youngest boy latched onto her waist, face hiding in her neck and she hushed him comfortingly, chancing a glance up.

Yona was watching them fondly, not bothering to hide it, Hak and Jae-ha put themselves off to the side to stay out of the way and Kija's eyes were red, ever wearing his heart on his sleeve.

Calista frowned slightly when she noticed Zeno had since disappeared, but contemplating his whereabouts vanished from her mind the second Shin-ah stepped up and crowded her space.

With Yoon hugging her, it didn't leave much room to move around, so she stayed in place, breathing catching in her throat as Shin-ah closed the distance between them.

Calloused, nimble but gentle fingers tipped her chin up and Calista swallowed.

"Sorry." She whispered. "N-Needed some time alone."

Shin-ah shook his head, as if to say that that wasn't a problem. His thumb caressed her cheek with the utmost tenderness, gaze still searching, and she heard his message clear.

It's okay. Are you alright now?

Smiling warmly, Calista nodded and the blue dragon wasted no time pressing his forehead to hers.

Yoon squawked indignantly as he was squashed in between them, causing Shin-ah to rear back apologetically and Calista to burst out laughing at his affronted expression.

Yona giggled as Hak pushed off of where he was leaning against the wall, the rest of them huddling closer as Yoon swore up and down, wiping his eyes to erase all the evidence of his emotions.

Calista only hugged him tighter, glancing up at the green dragon questioningly.

Jae-ha informs her that Zeno's gone to see Tetora, as the guard was asking for him for reasons unbeknownst to the rest of them. And that upon his departure, he apparently had been comforting the youngest who was taking the temporary separation of their group the hardest.