Nanny and the beast!

______________________________________

Mishti's POV

I just wrapped up with the dishes, then swept and tidied up the whole house.

After that, I whipped up some grub and took care of the laundry.

I figured if I stuck to my usual routine, Mom would be happy and let Dad cough up the cash I needed for my exam fees.

But darn, tears welled up when I remembered her scolding me, "Why bother studying? What's the point? Just stay home and do chores. You'll get hitched eventually, so why splurge on education?”

"She wants to study, then why not?" Papa said, but she screamed in his face, "What are you saying? The money is for my Vihaan's education. I cannot let it be wasted on this girl who is an investment failure."

"Your son's education?" Papa sarcastically remarked. "He is getting back-to-back snc. What do you call him?"

"Listen, Vihaan's papa, don't get on my nerves."

In the end, they fought, and Papa left.

I understood I wouldn't get the money, so I found a menial job that would at least afford my educational expenses.

But there, I met Sultanji, Sadafa's brother.

When I saw him, my blood chilled in my veins.

I feared him more than my stepmother.

She would be satisfied with a slap and a few insults, but he would just put bullets in my head.

"Hey, you...!"

I tried to ignore him, but he grabbed me. He was so intimidating. As he loomed over me, I thought I was going to die.

But fortunately or unfortunately, he presented me with a proposition to be his nephew's nanny.

I had been to Sadafa's house before.

Sultanji was sitting on the sofa, legs crossed, scanning a file when he caught sight of me.

He looked like the angel of death in an exquisite setting.

His gaze first landed on my legs, then trailed over my body, and finally settled on my face.

"Bhabijaan..." He called out, and a beautiful woman in elegant attire descended from the stairs.

"She is the one I was talking about. You can talk to her and explain the details. I am leaving. Will be late," he said, without sparing me a second glance, storming out.

I felt a wave of relief wash over me as he left.

The woman warmly smiled at me, "Please, have a seat."

I was humbled, "Um, but..."

I was just an ordinary girl with hesitations.

I had come to this house with Sadafa at her invitation.

When I befriended her in college, it didn't take long for me to realize she came from a wealthy family.

Her attire, makeup, everything screamed her elite belonging.

But upon stepping foot in her home, I realized I was mistaken.

She wasn't just part of an affluent family; they were royally rich. Yet, she  never once demeaned me.

Instead, she always endeavored to assist me, seeking only my friendship in return.

Her generous gesture of gifting me a stunning dress for the fresher's event remains etched in my memory.