༼⁠;⁠'⁠༎ຶ⁠ ⁠۝ ⁠༎ຶ⁠༽Bloodbound hearts🔞༼⁠;⁠'⁠༎ຶ⁠ ⁠۝ ⁠༎ຶ⁠༽

______________________________________

Zubair's hands gripped the steering wheel tightly as he sped towards Sultan's house, his mind consumed with thoughts of Sadafa.

The memory of her tear-streaked face from the night before lingered in his mind, a mix of desire and guilt stirring within him.

The way she had cried as he took something precious from her fueled a fire within him that he couldn't quite understand.

Lost in his thoughts, Zubair barely noticed the pedestrian crossing the street until the last moment.

He slammed on the brakes, narrowly avoiding a collision.

"Abey ma ki ankh! Dikhai nahi deta kya?" the pedestrian yelled, clearly enraged by the near miss.

Zubair's temper flared at the man's words, his own inner turmoil bubbling to the surface.

Without a second thought, he leaped out of the car and confronted the stranger. "How dare you? Do you have any idea who I am?" he growled, his voice laced with anger and frustration.

The pedestrian, taken aback by Zubair's sudden aggression, stammered, "I-I didn't mean any harm. I was just crossing the road."

Zubair's eyes blazed with intensity as he loomed over the man, his fists clenched in a mix of anger and inner turmoil.

He delivered a powerful punch, causing the man to collapse on the ground with a bleeding nose.

As Zubair fumed with rage, a concerned voice from the crowd reached the injured man, "Are you alright?"

"Sadafa?"

Zubair's lips formed the name as he gazed at her in astonishment.

Sadafa, on her way to college with her friends, had witnessed the altercation and was now glaring angrily at Zubair.

She removed her dupatta and handed it to the man to stanch his bleeding nose. Turning to Zubair with disgust evident on her face, she said, "How can you be so heartless?"

Stammering, Zubair replied, "He deserved it."

"Really? And what about you? Driving recklessly on the road, endangering pedestrians? What do you deserve for that?" Sadafa then turned back to the injured man, "And you shouldn't have provoked him either."

After helping the man up, Sadafa's gaze hardened as she addressed Zubair, "Stop staring at me and take him to the hospital. Take responsibility for your actions."

"Yes, yes, I will," Zubair responded, hesitantly asking, "Can I drop you off where you're going?"

Sadafa gave him a skeptical look and retorted, "Do as you say! Take him to the hospital, cover his medical expenses. I'll take care of the rest. And people like you can't be trusted."

Zubair winced at her words as he watched her walk away.

He sighed, wondering, "Why do you act like you don't love me anymore when your touch said otherwise just yesterday?"

When the incident was behind him, Zubair made his way to Sultan's house.

Sultan, engrossed in reviewing a contract, scrutinized Zubair as he entered. "Why are you late today?"

"I didn't get much sleep last night," Zubair replied, avoiding Sultan's gaze. Sultan studied him for a moment before rising from his seat, "Did my sister visit you last night?"

Zubair froze, his mouth dry. "No," he blurted out.

Sultan could read Zubair's body language like an open book, discerning his lies and tensions with ease.