Hallucinate (1/2) || 16

⚠️ warning ⚠️

the chapter can make you feel uncomfortable and might be triggering mentally/emotionally for some of you as it mentions unalarmed panic attacks, drug abuse, overdose, hallucinations, unclear reality, ocd, childhood trauma, ptsd, mental confusion feelings like you're gonna choke (idk the word), and at last a lot of tears. it's gonna churn your guts

if anything among the above triggers you, please leave this chapter. you have been warned read at your own risk 😭

_____

"that's all for today. we'll continue further tomorrow, you all are dismissed," the teacher smiles. the sound of his thick book closing, complimented with the school bell, makes the students relax. most of them stand up right away, carrying their already packed bags on their shoulders and head out of the classroom, relieved that it's the end of another dreadful day in school.

some groan as well, giving cursed gazes towards the teacher who reciprocates it with a much a sarcastic version, eyeing them to get in the detention room before he has to drag them there himself. then there's aera, still on her seat while the rest of the students have left except for her two friends. jake taps on her shoulder, standing beside her, holding her bag along with his own and glances at clay, "hey, let's go. i've to walk home today," he shakes his head, disappointed.

"yeah," clay sighs, closing his book at last and stands up, noticing the dull face aera's wearing. "are you feeling that bad?" he asks, touching her forehead and frowns, "you're cold. i don't think it's a fever,"

"did you eat something wrong? you're feeling nauseous?" jake suggests and aera shakes her head.

"i don't know," she heaves out a deep breath, standing up from her seat and collects all her hair to form a ponytail, "i guess i'll just go home and sleep,"

"yeah, maybe you're tired," clay nods, and jake hands her her bag, smiling as they walk outside the class. the hallways are much emptier as the crowd has already passed and it's only those people left who actually plan on staying back either for extra studies or various clubs the school runs in the name of extra-curriculars.

aera was supposed to stay back as well for the upcoming sports event as she is the only girl in her category for boxing. jake is the member of the soccer team and clay is the ace of the debate club. clay usually didn't have any after-school events other than some crucial times when he had to stay back for practice and perfection with his other club members and their supervisor teacher. jake and aera had to stat back for practice almost everyday, even on weekends sometimes.

however today a group of teachers were out for some sort of workshop, giving many children the chance to relax for a day. aera thought she would hangout with her friends, watch a movie and play videogames, which unfortunately doesn't seem like happening because of how weird she feels today. it's probably because she's been working herself too much, school, morning jogs with jungkook,  evening practices of boxing in school and taekwondo at home, then self study and homework. all that can get too much in no time, which could be why aera isn't feeling herself today.

she waves goodbye to her friends, walking towards the mercedes waiting in front of the school gate. the driver bows to her as she approaches and opens the door of the backseat, closing it once she's settled inside and then gets on his seat in the front to drive. aera tries her best to divert her mind from her health and look around outside the window, watching the same stores strolling through the same streets, nestled in her visual memory deeply.

she sighs, closing her eyes and waits to reach home, hoping that jungkook would be at home. midst the thoughts of herself and her brother spending some time together, watching a funny movie and maybe cooking together because jungkook would do that to distract her if she told him that she's not feeling well, the car pulls in front of the main door of the mansion.