"Gosh you're gonna love my buddy"

Y/N POV:

The lights were so bright.

When I opened my eyes I was met while a lit up ceiling.

I looked around my surroundings and saw that I was in a hospital bed. 

On the left of me sat a food tray and a little monitor hooked up onto a bunch of cables.

On the right of me were balloons and flowers. I reached to pick up the note attached to them and read 'From: Hospital'. I read off the balloons 'Get Better Soon!' and the flowers we're some daisy's. 

Who did I think all this stuff was from. 

I used to have a brother and my parents were assholes who were always getting addicted to different types of substances and whatever shit they could get there hands on. 

Could've been from my teammates but I'd doubt they would know what hospital i'm in since I haven't contacted anyone in a whole day. 

It was only a few minutes of me being awake that a nurse came from behind the curtain. 

She walked right towards my food tray, picked it up, looked over at me, and screamed. 

Dramatic much.

She said "sorry", and that she wasn't expecting me to be awake yet.

"Don't worry kid. I'll get the doctor to tell and explain to you what your plan is going on out from here!" she said, before dashing behind the curtain with the food tray.

 Not even a minute later a doctor came in and pulled up a chair next to my bed. 

 "Hi Y/N, my name is Doctor Nishinoya, or you can call me Yu" the doctor said, beginning his seem to be very long speech.

"Usually knee replacements take about three months too heal but in your case, since you had many more surgeries than just the knee replacements, and dare I say, many, many, many stitches I'm afraid we're looking around 6 months until you can start to walk" he said, looking at me with a sorrowful look. 

Though that look went away quick when he saw my expression.

I was quite happy actually and made sure the doctor knew that with the big smile plastering across my face.

"You mean I was just being dramatic and I will actually be able to walk again!" I couldn't actually believe how ridiculous my thoughts were yesterday. Thinking 'Will I ever be able to walk again'.

I mean to be fair my knees were almost backwards.  

The doctor burst out laughing holding his stomach and almost looking like he was in pain from laughing so much. "Gosh you're clearly not the smartest of the bunch. I'm guessing you've also never gotten hurt before?" He asked me.

I was definitely not expecting this type of energy from a doctor.

"Yeah I've never even broken a bone before!" I exclaimed. Once again the doctor chuckled. Even though him calling me dumb hurt a little I liked his change in energy. 

"I would've never expected this from you for how you were being so glum earlier!" I said also laughing.

"Well I had to be considerate of how this would affect you. I mean you're the soccer player right? It's probably gonna be almost a year till you're confident to play in games again!" He told me.

"I actually forgot all about soccer" I said. 

This comment did indeed change my mood a bit,

I can't I believe I forgot about soccer! It was my whole life! I mean I've been playing for 22 years! Ever since I was 4.