5. Liliana

I couldn’t bear the thought of sitting idly in Sebastian’s mansion while her beloved Knightman Bar was under attack. Ignoring Sebastian’s advice to stay put, I mustered all my courage and set off towards the bar. Rain poured heavily, drenching me once again to the bone, amplifying my determination.

As I reached the bar, my heart raced in my chest. A pang of anxiety gripped me as I pushed open the swinging doors. I saw him conversing with Diego, his face clouded with frustration.

Our eyes met, and Sebastian’s frown deepened. His concern for me was evident, but he knew the dangers lurking within the bar. Still, I couldn’t be dissuaded. I pressed through the crowd, determined not to let the chaos deter me.

Diego noticed me approaching and narrowed his eyes. “What are you doing here, Liliana? This is no place for you.”

My voice trembled with a mix of fear and determination. “I work here Diego, if I continue working here. I need to know that I’m safe.”

Sebastian’s gaze softened, and he whispered to Hugo, his loyal confidant, “Look after Liliana, make sure she’s safe.”

Reluctantly, Hugo nodded and positioned himself beside me, acting as my personal guardian amidst the chaos. With every flicker of conflict, he made sure I was shielded from harm.

My eyes scanned the bar, taking in the wreckage. Broken furniture, shattered glasses, and bloodstains splattered the floor. My heart ached at the sight of my beloved establishment devastated. Hatred boiled inside me, giving me the resolve to restore the bar to its former glory.

Amid the rubble, Sebastian approached me, his eyes filled with admiration and concern. “You’re a force to be reckoned with, Liliana. But please, promise me you’ll stay safe.”

My lips curled into a determined grin. “I promise, Sebastian. But only if you promise to stay by my side, protecting what we’ve built together.”

His eyes softened, his heart swelling with affection. He reached out to brush a strand of wet hair from my face, his touch like a gentle caress. “I swear, Liliana, I will protect you and this bar with my life.”

Our vow hung in the air, the weight of their shared commitment palpable. Together, they would rebuild what had been broken, instilling new life into the Knightman Bar and their own blossoming love.

The rain had finally ceased, leaving a damp, cool atmosphere in the Knightman Bar. I busied myself with setting up the stage for the evening’s performance, the microphone in my hands. There was an air of excitement in the bar, a sense of anticipation for what the night would bring.

As I adjusted the microphone stand, I caught sight of my father, Manuel, making his way towards me. His face was etched with disapproval, his eyes burning with contempt. I could feel the tension rise in the room, a palpable thickness that made my heart race.

“Little girl,” Manuel spat out, his voice dripping with disdain. “You’re not good enough for Sebastian. You’re nothing but a burden.”

I ignored his words, my silence acting like fuel to the fire raging inside of him. He raised his hand, the back of it connecting with her cheek in a painful slap. The sound echoed through the bar, followed by gasps from the patrons.

In an instant, Hugo lunged forward, shoving Manuel away with a growl. The clash of bodies sent Manuel stumbling backward, his eyes wide with disbelief.

“Don’t you dare lay a hand on her again,” Hugo snarled, his voice low and menacing.

The room fell silent, all eyes fixed on the confrontation before them. My cheek burned with pain, but my eyes gleamed with a newfound determination. I straightened myself, standing tall, no longer the timid girl overshadowed by my sister.