24.

damon was sitting beside juno's hospital bed, holding her hand as she slept. he felt awful. he didn't know why juno did what she did, but didn't want to pry. he had found out in the night that the cause of junipers overdose, was on heroin, but she also had insane amounts of cocaine and morphine in her system.

it was currently around eight in the morning. juno had slept all night, but damon didn't sleep a second. his under eyes had a plum purple tint, and his rosy cheeks were still stained from his tears. damon was snapped out of his thoughts, when a nurse walked into the room.

"mr. albarn, there are two people here to visit juniper. noel and liam gallagher"?

"they can come in".

the nurse left the room, and a few seconds later, a very disheveled looking noel and liam walk into the room. liam, similarly to damon, had messy hair and clear tear stains running down his face. he had sunglasses on, which he was wearing to hide his bloodshot eyes. noel didn't care about hiding his emotions, and had red puffy eyes, and was still in his pyjamas.

liam rushed to the other side of juno's bed. he wanted to cry at the sight of her. skin as pale as snow, no colour in her cheeks, and hooked up to an iv drip.

"how long has she been sleeping for"? liam asked.

"six hours roughly. doctors say she should sleep as much as she can". damon replied.

"have you been here all night"? noel asked, walking over to damon's side.

"yup. haven't taken my eyes off of her".

"so... what exactly did she overdose on"? liam asked.

"technically heroin, but she had a bunch of other shit in her system as well".

"fuckin' hell. juno doesn't do drugs... damon did you have anything to do about this"? liam whisper yelled, pointing a finger at damon.

"mate i wasn't even there when it happened! font even start, liam". damon barked back.

"listen here albarn. juno isn't a junkie. you are. i know you had something to do with this". liam leaned over the bed, pointing his finger in damon's face.

"get the fuck out of my face mate". damon growled.

"shut it, both of you! listen. there's a lot you lot don't know about juno. i'm not gonna tell her story, but liam you need to back off. he didn't do anything". noel said sternly, crossing his arms like an angry mother.

"is everything okay"? a quiet, broken voice asked from underneath the men.

"juno? holy fuck, juno".  liam said breathlessly, grabbing the sides of juno's face with his hands.

"what's going on"? she asked, liam wiping the tears off of her cheeks with his thumbs. damon couldn't help but feel slightly jealous.

"we've just come to say hello. how are you feeling? noel asked, placing a hand on her forearm.

"like i need a bump". juno replied, chuckling.

"good to know she's still got her sense of humour". noel smiled, earning a chuckle from damon.

"damon, do you know when i can go home"?

"well.. you have to stay here until you're stable, but they do want you to get some help... but it's up to you".

"i don't need help. it was an accident".

damon didn't reply, instead just looking down at the floor.

"damon, i'm serious, i'm fine".

"alright".

"do you guys mind if i talk to juno for a second"? liam asked.

liam and damon nodded, heading out of the hospital room.

"okay, juno everything i said that night is true, and last night made me realize that i needed to tell you again, but this time sober. i am in love with you, and i know you're with damon, but i don't care".

"liam... i was in love with you for years. years. as much as i'm glad that the feeling was mutual, this isn't fair for me. i'm with a man who actually hears what i have to say, and isn't just with me for sex. now if you'll excuse me, i've got my best friend and boyfriend outside waiting for me".

meanwhile, outside of the hospital room...

"damon, i don't know if you know this about juno, but she did used to struggle with drugs. not heroin, but painkillers and coke. she's very secretive about it". noel told damon.

"i thought so. she was telling me about her 'bad habits with cocaine', but i didn't know it was serious". damon replied.

"oh it was pretty serious. this isn't the first time she's overdosed. just the first time she's been hospitalized. i've found her passed out in party bathrooms before". noel said, damon raising his eyebrows.

"fuck noel, i don't know how i can help her while i'm on tour. promise me you'll help her get whatever help she needs while i'm gone"?

"i don't like you damon, but i'm glad you want to help. you have my word".

"the feeling is mutual, dickhead". damon nudged noel's arm.

back in the hospital room..

"enough liam. go get damon and noel please".

liam didn't reply, instead lowering his head in defeat, walking out of the hospital room. a couple minutes later, noel and damon tre entered the room.

"alright juno, liam and i are gonna head out. feel better and take care of yourself".

"bye noel, thank you for stopping by".

"see you".

once noel was gone, damon sat back down in the chair that he had been in for the last twelve hours or so. he grabbed her cold hand, tabbing her palm with his thumb.

"juno, don't feel like you need to answer this, but i was just curious... was it on purpose"?

"god no. i just wanted more and got a little ahead of myself.. i didn't want to die. hell, i don't even use heroin. i just wanted to be numb".

"but why? i swear you were happy when i left.. what changed"?

"it's nothing, really".

"juno, i know that's not true. i want you to feel like you can talk to me, alright? i wont get mad at you".

"it's just.. it's a bunch of things that have been piling up, but to be complete transparent, i'm worried about us. i know your past when it comes to disloyalty with justine, but i can't handle the non-monogamous relationship that you two had. i think it's great that you two were able to have that, but it's not the lifestyle i wanna live".

damon sighed, leaning over the hospital bed and placing a gentle kiss on the top of juno's head.

"i don't want non-monogamy. justine never made me feel the way you do, so don't compare yourself to her. i cant even imagine being with anyone else but you".

"i just worry. i know you guys get a shit ton of birds throwing themselves at you".

"doesn't matter. i don't want them. more for alex". damon joked, a silly smirk plastering his face.

"i'm sorry damon, i really am. i didn't mean to overdose".

"don't apologize juno. i know you didn't mean to. and look, i'm not gonna force you into rehab but i think we should look into some counseling for you".

"i know, i agree".

authors note
i'm so excited to make the cosmopolitan magazine cover i love editing them