Simula

Happy new year!

Simula

Sa pagbukas ng mga mata ko, siya agad ang hinahanap nito, na para bang wala siya sa aking tabi—breathing evenly, and sleeping peacefully... beautifully. The soft sun ray was beaming a bit through the slight part of the curtains. I hope it doesn't wake her up sooner.

This is how I want to start my every day—gazing at her—admiring her.

I turn onto the side of my body. A lazy smile crept onto my lips. A smile of satisfaction.

"What a baby," I whispered quietly.

My smile stretched when I didn't received a reply.

"Got you too tired, hmm?"

She is so gorgeous.

Incomparably.

How can she be so beautiful—eyes closed, no trace of make up, hair undone and just breathing?

It has always been so hard resisting the temptation of not caressing her face, so I would not disturb her sleep. Para magkaroon pa ng mahabang oras na pagmasdan siya.

Natural ang tangos at magandang hugis ng kanyang ilong, it is softy and feminine. Her brows are in perfect arch on each corner. It's trimmed and cleaned on the sides, just the way she wants it to be. Her long and curvy lashes will make you question if it's made or she's just gifted. Her cheekbones does not need more contouring for emphasis, their innately prominent but not too chiseled. Bumaba ang mga mata ko sa kanyang labi. They are in perfect pink, it is thin but plumped. And when it breaks into a smile, every time, it is just heart stopping.

"Rurik?" sambit niya sa malamyos at paos na boses, nanatiling nakapikit ang kanyang mga mata.

Still asleep, I see.

Moving closer, I received her in my arms. Cuddling her, she made her head comfortable on my chest. Agad na yumakap ang isang kamay sa aking katawan. She is not even aware of it. She calmed down and settled.

Ngayon na nakadikit na siya sa akin, hindi ko na mapagmasdan ang kanyang mukha. I croach to give her a kiss on top of her head.

Ang katabi siya, ang hawak siya, ang presensya niya... kapayapaan ang hatid no'n sa akin. She calms the storms in me. She tames my demons. Ironically, in some circumstances, she becomes the storm and summons my demons.

Her beauty haunts me. Always. Even in my waking days.

Hindi nagtagal ay muli akong nakatulog. Nang magising sa pangalawa, wala na akong katabi sa kama. I was alarmed but immediately composed myself. Kumalma ako at huminga nang malalim.

Damn. Napailing na lang ako. I slowly got up to grab a clean shirt and put it on. Lumabas na ako ng kuwarto. Sa kusina agad ang tungo ko.

"Dennis?" I called, still a distance from the kitchen's entrance.

"I'm cooking," she replied in a loud voice.

Pagkapasok ng kusina, agad siyang lumingon. She smiled when I she met my gaze. Binalik niya rin ang tingin sa niluluto.

"Fried rice. Is this fine? Sayang naman kasi iyong leftover kagabi."

She always asks me when I don't really care whatever she cooks and serves. Lahat iyon kakainin ko nang walang pagdadalawang isip. Heck, she can serve poison and not give a damn. Thank goodness, she cooks well. If not, then I would probably enduring some kidney diseases and the likes.

"I'm almost done."

"I'll set the table."

"No!" agap niya.