Coffee

Seated in a small cafe downtown, you watched Evelyn boast behind my cup, ranting on about her life and how it had been without you. She made it clear she's had 8 new flings at the least, and that to you was crazy since it's only been such little time.

But who's to judge? Right? She has the looks for these said flings and you wouldn't be surprised if she were to get some more attention from other men, just for the fun of raising her count as the two of you knew she wasn't in for anything serious. "So, Peter, is he one of your boy toys?" She wiggled her brows, teasing you because she knew she was so far off, speaking back up seconds later showed she wanted no form of a reply, "or would that be Natasha?" She smiled knowingly at your reaction, knowing she had hit the spot.

"It's just something for fun and time wasting, it's not serious." You shrugged, sipping on your coffee. The thing with Evelyn was you always had to be careful what you told her, and not because you didn't want to trust her, you couldn't, just like pretty much everyone you knew.

She never gave you a reason to not trust her, but the way her voice is high pitched, always full of excitement and how she's always louder than everyone around you, it threw you off. You loved her, but loudness was never something you liked. There was no reason behind it, but it made you clench your jaw subconsciously and overall just made your skin crawl.

"I think it's a little more than that when she gave me that cold shoulder," she took a bite of the grilled cheese sandwich she had ordered and eyed you, waiting for your answer.

"Don't be dramatic, she greeted you, right?" Your patience ran low, for whatever reason protective over the redhead, even if it was only the smallest thing said.

"If you count a cold reply of her name, sure. Other than that, she wasn't very welcoming."

"Who said she has to be? You're the one who showed up out of nowhere, uninvited," You spoke, watching your words carefully as Evelyn sat back in her seat, taken back, "She's going to be cautious, but that doesn't mean she needs to be all 'Lovey-dovey' with you."

"The least she can do is respect me." She bit back, leaning forward as if to threaten you.

"Respect you? Oh please, honey," You chuckled, keeping your eyes locked on hers, "I'd have to pay to see someone like Nat respect someone like you." She scoffed and you ignored her, rising from your seat and leaving the building.

You walked down the street, calling a cab when you saw one as Evelyn was your ride back. It would have been a lot easier for you to stay at the compound but you had no choice and not because Evelyn made you go, but Nat told you to have fun.

You had anything but fun, she was biting your ear off the whole time about herself, and when it came to talk about Nat, you made a thing out of it and left. No one could blame you however, she was talking about your assassin in a way that you wouldn't allow.

"Hey Y/n!" You saw Peter by the door, almost like he had been waiting there the whole time for you to get back, "how was it?" He asked, walking by your side when you told him to come.

"Awful, kid." You sighed, running your hand through your hair.

"Oh, I'm sorry, what happened?" He asked, his eyes on your side profile as he walked, occasionally looking back in front of him so he wouldn't hit something.

"Evelyn happened. Now, what have you been doing?" He smiled up at you when you asked, taking a seat facing you in the living quarters.

"Well, I helped Mr Stark fix my suit, I helped Nat clean her and Bruce's room, I also helped Cap find his shield!"

"You've been quite busy, haven't you kid?" You giggled and he smiled, nodding his head excitedly like a child.

"I have to go help Sam now, I'll catch you later, bye Y/n!" He left the room with a slight jog and you headed to yours and Wanda's shared room. 4 more days and everyone will have their own room.

You liked sharing a room with Wanda as she was your best friend, you enjoyed the nights where you would both stay up late, talking about yourselves, watching movies and bickering over who had the most blanket. You were going to miss it all but at least you could still share a room with her whenever you wanted, just not every night.

"Nat told me about your little friendship date," Wanda smiled as you entered the room, "did you have fun?" She patted the bed and you took a seat beside her.

"I don't know." You groaned.

"Who was it?" She asked you, placing her computer off to the side when she shut it down.

"Evelyn, you know the one I was talking to the other day?"

"Ohh, I see." She hummed, playing with the rings on her fingers before she perked up, remembering something, "have you spoken to Nat since you got back?"

"No, I haven't seen her." You told her honestly, waiting for her to explain why.

"She told me to send you her way when I saw you." You thanked her and left the room, going on a search for Natasha but it didn't last long when you found her in her room. Simple really.