Chapter Sixteen

ARIADNE WANDERED DOWN TO THE ELEVATORS opposite from the ones she saw Piper, the princess and the boys taking. This one, unlike the ones the others were taking, was full metal, not glass. The farther she got from them the less fuzzy her mind got, but the more she felt the presence tug at her. She looked around the elevator, her mind taking in the horrors within it, now she knew why it wasn't clear. There were white marks digging into the metal, like someone was trying to crawl their way out. Ariadne held her hand out to where the marks ended, she thought they were claws but instead they matched up to fingernail marks.

She looked around more and there was slight blood splatter that looked poorly cleaned burn marks were scattered everywhere. Ariadne got the feeling that Her Highness wasn't as innocent as she seemed. The doors finally opened to the third floor, she saw the others on the floor below her. Ariadne didn't know what she was looking for, but she followed the tug in her gut. She walked but the Men's wear, then the weaponry. As she got farther from the weaponry she saw a white construction flap. Something told her to look behind it, so that's exactly what she did.

It looked like a bunch of construction was taking place, simple as that. But there was this cold feeling in the air, this aura, something that felt almost like death. She stopped a couple feet from the middle and looked around. It was quiet for a moment before a whisper filled the air.

Run. Get out. She'll kill you. Get the others. RUN!

Over and over again it whispered, filling Ariadne's hearing. A slight haze started forming in the middle of the room. Dozens of translucent figures stood frozen in various poses, some dazed, some afraid. Only one was moving. The figure was a girl, she looked to be 9, she was tall for the average girl looking to be about 4 '8. She had soft features, and big doe eyes. Her hair was down but it looked to be cut choppy in some places, burnt in others. Her body looked to be covered in burns and cuts.

"You must get out of here." The girl spoke.

 "Why?" 

The girl looked at Ariadne with a harsh glare. 

"Medea means to kill you like she did before, she brings you to your own demise." 

That name Medea rang a bell inside Ariadne's head. She was a princess who traveled with Jason and Argonauts thousands of years ago. She killed, poisoned, lied to dozens of people, she should be in the Fields of Punishment. So why was she here? 

"You must get your friend and leave before it's too late!" The girl urged.

 Ariadne nodded, she had succumbed to witches' words and she was not about to let her friends die. She turned around quickly going for the flap but paused for a moment before turning her head to look at the ghostly figures. 

"Who are you?" She asked. 

"Were Medea's victims, the ones before you, mortals and demigods." The girls replied. 

Ariadne saw it the way the mortals stood mainly dazed, and how the demigods realized what was happening getting ready to pull their weapons. 

"What's your name?" Ariadne asked. 

"Kayla." 

Ariadne nodded quickly, ready to make sure that Kayla and all the other figures got avenged. She ran out of the flap after hearing Piper call her name, her voice full of fear.

 She ran out of the flap after hearing Piper call her name, her voice full of fear