06

★ ° . *   ° . °☆  . * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :. ★  * • ○ ° ★.  *  .       .°  . ● . ★ ° . *   ° . °☆. * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :●.   *• ○ ° ★  .  *  .

BANG BANG
Deep talk and deep drinks

Sitting in Champs office and watching the news comment on the Golden Circle situation. That name is so familiar. Was all Brandy could think.

"Whether they broke the law law or not, those victims are human beings." Champ voice his concerns. "Tequila. He's a great guy. And a great agent." He walked over with a bottle of whiskey. "Right now, he's lying in deep freeze waitin' on our help."

"We can't make this personal, sir." Whiskey spoke up, sparing a glance to Brandy and her still choppy hair.

"Personal? Agent, we can't stand by and let folks like him die." Champ disagreed. "These people, we're their only hope." Taking a swig of whiskey he layer down a very vague plan, "We need to find that antidote."

"Poppy's stockpiles, well, they could be anywhere."

"She must have some on hand." Harry queried. "Locate Poppy, and obtain a sample for analysis. Maybe it can be replicated."

"Sorry to cut in guys. But Charlie is on the phone with his girlfriend. Looping you in now." Ginger spoke on the screen with Merlin next to her.

"Don't worry, I'm in a pay phone covered in a fucking blue rash. Why didn't you tell me? All you said was 'Don't take any drugs.' It was a music festival for fuck's sake."

"Fuck. Shit. Shit! Okay. Listen you need to get to the lab in Italy do you remember where we went skiing?"

"Yes. Yes, I remember."

"Yeah. Meet me there and I'll give you the antidote."

"All right. Jet's ready. Whiskey, Brandy, Galahad, get to Italy." Both British men in the room stood up, as they were both agent Galahad.

"You two need to fix this code name thing." Agent Whiskey halfway joked. "And with all due respect sir, I don't think Galahad senior is ready to return to fieldwork."

"I did actually mean..." Champ hinted.

"Of course." Harry nodded. Brandy just wanted to leave. She wanted to sort her hair out, grab a bottle of alcohol and cry.

"And with all disrespect..." Eggsy aimed at Whiskey, "I'm not going anywhere without him. Brains, skills, dexterity, skipping rope?" He looked at Harry, gestured to himself then Brandy then Whiskey.

"It's a lasso." Whiskey defended.

"Whatever. Come on." The jet was leaving tomorrow, starting their mission.

Ginger had fixed Brandy's hair, avoiding to ask questions. It was the evening, and Brandy had found her self sitting in her room. She had sat for a few hours, just stroking her hair. This was until she was interrupted by a knock.

Sighing and walking towards her door, she opened it to reveal Agent Whiskey. "Whiskey." She nodded, too tired to fight.

"Brandy, let me in I need to talk to you." He dismissed her, walking in anyway.

"Please, let yourself in. Make yourself at home." She mumbled closing the door. "What do you need?" Her voice lacking emotion.

"What happened out there? As soon as you got your hair sliced you just blanked out." Whiskey crossed his arms, still showing that he doesn't care all that much; even though he came here on his own accord.

"It's nothing." She walked away from Whiskey, leading the way into kitchen. "Why did you get so uptight about the drugs and how we 'can't make it personal'?"

"That's not important." He quickly deflected.

"I'll tell you mine, if you tell me yours." Brandy raised her eyebrows.

"In too sober to tell the story. Whatcha got?" Whiskey looked through the cupboards.

Placing a tight grip on his wrist she spoke in a low tone, "Don't look through a ladies belongings. Didn't your mama ever tell you that?" Looking him straight in the eyes, she saw the quirk of his eyebrows. "Not without permission, anyways."

They were a few drinks in, sober enough to remember but drunk enough to say whatever is in their mind.

"Right, I told you my story. Tell me yours." Whiskey slurred.

"Right. Strap in. My mama, bless her heart, cared for me. My dad left long ago, so mama stepped up big time." Brandy smiled, "My mother named me after my great grandmother; Rosetta. Anyways, I had to grow up fast. My mom workin' two, sometimes three, jobs. I wanted to help out, so at thirteen I was with the wrong crowd. I don't remember how, but I became a dealer. I was given the supplies to sell, and I gained a percentage." She took a deep breath. "When my mom found out I was sixteen. She was so mad. Then, a few years later, I didn't give the full amount that I was supposed to. It completely slipped my mind. They went after her, I was twenty. I was hidden in a closet, watching what happened."

Whiskey nodded along. "Why do you care that your hair is long or not?" He asked slowly, making sure not to strike a nerve.

"My mom had beautiful, long, hair. I always wanted to be like her." She subconsciously went to grab her hair, saddening her look as she realised it wasn't as long as she thought.

Thank you so much for 1k reads. When I'm done I might rewrite it but maybe not :)