caolán

For the applyfic Winter Flowers by Cynarr

FULL NAME: Caolán

NICKNAME: Cae

GENDER: Male

SEXUALITY: Demisexual biromantic

AGE: 18

BIRTHDAY & ZODIAC: May 12; Taurus

FACE CLAIM: Ed Speelers

PERSONALITY: Honestly, all Caolán wants is to be helpful. He's the helpful, lend-a-helping-hand type. Too many people simply don't care enough to just help others, and Cae wants to change that as much as he can. So he does his best to help as many people as he can, to brighten their day a little. Though Cae's also quite forgetful. He's a disorganized mess, though it often comes off as endearing rather than irritating. In fact, Cae has been described as "sweet". He thinks that's a good word for his disposition: he rarely gets angry, he's rather meek, and he hates bothering people. So yes, sweet is probably a good word to describe Caolán. Though, Cae is a rather vulnerable person. Say the wrong thing, and he'll dissolve into tears or just grow silent. Words have always hurt Cae more than anything else. He's sensitive, you could say, and takes everything people say about him to heart. He's never been particularly confident, forever unsure of himself.

SKILLS & TALENTS: Handling horses, gardening, cooking, is very kind, gets along with most people, loves history and stories, intelligent.

CLOTHING STYLE: Cae likes very simple clothing. Plain pants, a comfortable shirt, sturdy boots. He isn't given to overly fancy clothing.

BACKSTORY: Caolán (prn. kay-lahn) is the second of three siblings. He has an older brother and a younger sister. As can be expected, their home was very loud and very energetic when the children were growing up—Caolán, usually called Cae, was the exception. He was always a quiet child, and preferred reading to running around with his brother. His brother teased him, though his mother doted upon him, as Cae was very much a quieter, gentler type of boy. He grew up on a farm just outside of the town of Beruna that was in the family for generations. It did well enough, and Cae grew up tending the farm, helping his mother cook, and taking care of the animals his father raised. However, Caolán had no interest in running the farm as he grew older. He was patient, quiet, and liked learning, unlike his brother. He loved working with the horses, however, and when Miraz was overthrown, Cae was given a position working in the stables of the new king, and has done well—well enough to be recognized for his work, anyway. He is used to his life in and around the palace, and he likes it a great deal more than living on the farm. He does visit his family often, though.

LOVE INTEREST & DYNAMIC: Lucy Pevensie. Both sweet and kind, they are immediately friends when they meet. Cae likes her kind nature and endless optimism, and when the two are together, they create a feeling of softness that most feel drawn to. Romantically, they are rather cuddly and tender, very supportive of each other.

QUOTES: "You're really from another world?" "I like animals. They're easier to understand than some people." "I don't remember, I'm sorry!"

AESTHETIC: Horses, simple clothes, sunshine, barns, fields of wildflowers, brown and blue, flower crowns, golden retrievers.

OTHER: Is probably neurodivergent in some way.

applyfic status: complete!