Chapter 2

Mike's POV 

'Oh God... George... please...' I moan, trying not to buck my hips up from the mattress and thrust into the inviting warmth engulfing my shaft. My fingers are gripping the white sheet so tightly I feel the knuckles cramp. 

'You like that?' I force my eyes open to his sharp blue orbs staring intently at me. George grins and winks seductively while trailing his tongue along my swollen erection. Damn the sight is so hot it makes me even harder if that's possible. 

'Come for me Mikey.' he orders, his voice husky with lust. Don't need to tell me twice - I'm already so close. A familiar tightening in my stomach and then... 

'Aaaaaaarg!!!' I let out a long scream, jerking forward. It takes me a few seconds to register that I'm sitting on my bed, sweating all over, the sheets wet and dirty. It takes a few seconds more for reality to sink in. 

'Fuck' I groan and facepalm.

It's never been this bad before. I admit, I've wondered what George's lips taste like when we were wrestling and his face got a little too close, or that one time when he teased me about a love letter I tried to imagine him actually saying the words... I used to blame it on curiosity, but I'm not fooling anyone now. 

My best friend, and my future Alpha no less. My brother, my leader. Using him for lustfilled fantasies is abnormal, inappropriate and most definitely disgusting.  

Then why doesn't it feel wrong? 

I sigh in frustration and glance at the clock. 5AM. September 13th. 

Damn it's my birthday! I'm 16! 

Which means I can finally find my mate and end all this nonsense. 

Oh how I'm looking forward to it.

~~~~~~~

Okay so I still felt that pang of jealousy when I saw those girls piling up near George's favorite parking spot. As soon as they spotted me they were on to me like starving wolves, I'm the future Beta after all, but few showed disappointment at not being my mate. I'd just be a consolation - the ultimate prize is the Alpha. I try not to punch the wall at the thought of one of those skanks being his mate. 

Stop, I tell myself. Once you've found your mate, they'll be the only thing that matters. You just have to wait a little more. 

Oh God, George's here. I can feel his presence. 

Wait, I can? That's strange. 

I look up at him and have to do a double take. Since when did he look so hot? His face is all lit up, and there's a spark in his eyes... 

Which means he's found his mate. The lucky bitch. 

Although my heart is breaking to pieces, I put on my usual carefree facade and joke about it. He'd never suspect anything's off; he never did.

Except today when it goes horribly wrong.

~~~~~~~

'This isn't helping George, let me go, we can talk about this.' I beg as he drags me by the wrist to god knows where. Normally I'd be able to fight him off, but the sensation from our contact leaves me helpless. 

'At least tell me where we're going.' I change my demand, but he still doesn't respond. We're now out of school property and into the woods. Even though it's still our pack's territory and I know the place like the back of my hand, I begin to doubt myself. What if he plans on killing me off? 

You're paranoid again, that voice inside me complains. He's having a hard time, but he'll come to accept it. 

And then what? I curse. We'll watch the sunset and live happily ever after? 

You said so yourself, you guys will figure something out, the voice argues. 

I hate myself sometimes. 

George stops walking and I finally catch my breath, doing a 360 to inspect our surroundings. We're in a familiar clearing not far from the river. At least he isn't drowning me. Unless he's killing me here and dumping my body into the water afterwards... 

My rambling thoughts are unexpectedly interrupted by a pair of lips crashing onto mine. My first instinct, strangely enough, isn't to push away and beat the assailant to a pulp. Instead I moan into the kiss while wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling him closer until there's no space left between us. George lets out a growl and bites my bottom lip hard. I open my mouth and our tongues fight for dominance, both benefitting. 

Lost in ecstasy, I don't even realize he's pushed me against a tree and is now grinding into me frantically. My body was apparently paying more attention, because I can feel it getting unbelievably hard. Judging by George's harsh panting, he's getting there too. 

My dream from last night is coming true. Only now it's even more perfect. 

'George' I groan against his mouth. My body starts to move on its own accord - my hands fisting his shirt ready to rip it off, my lips on his neck about to mark him as mine. 

Then the pressure is gone. 

'Wha...?' I stare confusedly at George, now standing a mile away glaring holes into me. What did I do? 

'This is wrong' he shakes his head violently, murmuring to himself. 'You can't be... This is fucked up. We can't...' 

Although his words cut through my heart like daggers, I keep from breaking down. 'Look, I know it's hard to believe that we're ma...' 

'Don't!' George growls, his eyes blazing, his fists raised at me. I take an involuntary step backwards, my eyes wide in pain and disbelief. 

He's never intended to hurt me before. 

'We're not mates.' George says before turning and walking away, leaving me to slump against the rough trunk, too destroyed to follow.