Chapter 13

LEO DIDN'T know how he got home safe and sound. He survived. He just did. Facing Rayos brother together with their father was nerve wracking. He mustered all the courage he had just so he wouldn't mess up.

Pabagsak na umupo si Leo sa dulo ng kama niya at hinubad ang uniform, leaving his sando shirt inside. He massaged his nape as he looked for his phone.

Now that he already told his real intention towards Rayos, he was now thinking about his next move. If he told her he likes her… would she consider it? Would she give him a chance?

He sighed heavily.

He pursed his lips and opened his Instagram—his personal account.

Leo Erese: Hey? Nakauwi ka na ba?

Mabilis niyang hinubad ang pares ng sapatos na suot niya at humiga sa kama. Hinigpitan niya ang hawak sa cellphone sa takot na baka bumagsak ito sa mukha niya. His hands were shaking.

Vraiose Cay: Yes, I got home safely. Dad and Kuya picked us up :)

He was contemplating whether he'll tell her or not about his encounter with her father. But after a minute of battling with himself… Leo found himself typing.

Leo Erese: Yeah, I actually saw them and we talked a little. Your brother introduced me to your father.

He wanted to add 'That was the most nerve wracking I'd encountered' but opted not to. It wasn't a good idea.

His eyes widened when a notification popped up on his phone screen. Napaupo siya at agad na inayos ang nagulo niyang buhok dahil sa pagkakahiga, he even double checked if he looked good in front of his mirror.

Instagram

Incoming video call from Vraiose Cay

Decline   Join

Leo was quick to click 'Join' before he missed it. He cleared his throat and moistened his dry lips by rolling his tongue over them. He can't understand himself. Why was his heart beating fast? Why was he acting like this? Was it natural?

"Oh, were you resting?" Rayos asked when he finally turned his camera on. Magulo pa rin ang buhok niya.

"No. I'm not, ngayon lang din ako nakauwi so…" he trailed.

"Is it okay to talk?" mahinhin na tanong nito. She placed her phone on a stand and sat on her chair, he could see a glimpse of her bed in the background. He can tell that the room was made for two people.

He rubbed his nape and smiled. Tilting his phone upward, para ang mga mata at noo lang niya ang makita nito. For no reason at all, his cheeks were red like a tomato. His breathing ragged.

He was like this when they're only talking via video call, what more if they're talking in person? Would she find him funny and unmanly? Ahh, so many questions.

"Of course," Leo answered, blushing. Lame.

"What happened? Did they ganged up on you?" Nakataas ang kilay na tanong nito sa kanya. Her eyes were sharp and her looks were promising to kill her brother depending on his answer.

Marahan siyang umiling at mahinang tumawa. "They did not. Your father is nice…"

"He is. But when it comes to you? I doubt his niceness," she bluntly answered. "I am her daughter. I basically grew up sticking my nose into his business, bukod sa Mama namin, pangalawa ako sa nakakaalam kung paano mag-isip si Daddy." Rayos added with a matter of fact tone in her voice.

"Believe me, nothing happened. We just talked. That's it."

It's too early for him to tell her how their conversation went. He doesn't want to confess his feelings via video call.