Chapter 11

The morning hues of the gloomy dark gray clouds illuminate into a lighter shade as the missing sun rises behind them. Morgan has woken from her bed while Nigel subtly snores in his chair. The queen swoops to a screen at the side of the room farthest from the doctor and changes from her sleeping garments to something more fitting with her style. She dresses up in a long, black, and silk gown that drapes straight to the floor, overlapping her toes by an inch. The hem to her sleeves is netted in brown, making it obvious as a sleeveless dress without fully exposing her flesh. She slips into her most comfortable shoes, and wraps a neck-strap necklace with golden chains and thin silver coins below, long and thin golden earrings, and a crown to top it off, golden, feminine, and powerful altogether. It was always unnecessary for Morgan to wear any makeup at all, for her beauty, even to this day so far in her life, has remained flawless by age. To know the secret of her present youth in flesh would be a groundbreaker for billions of people across time who yearn to continue looking young, despite their age.

As Queen Morgan steps out from behind the screen, Nigel awakes with a snort and a yawn. Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, he is surprised to see the queen standing before him, dressed in the way she is dressed. Nigel snaps off from his chair and bows to the queen respectively.

"Oh, uh...! G-Good morning, Miss Morgan." Nigel stutters.

"Queen Morgan, to ye!" The queen corrects. Obviously, she prefers no other title than that.

"Y-Yes, yes! Queen Morgan! Of course! Uh...did you sleep well?"

"Relieving, I shall sayeth. Using charm to taketh the f'rm of a dragon is not an easy spell, coequal f'r me."

"May I ask-"

"Nay!" She snaps.

"Okay." He mutters in defeat.

"The Sun hast risen. Come. We must receiveth to the business of reviving mine own son while th're is still timeth."

"But what about the Dreamfinder and his friends? Shouldn't we be worrying about them finding your brother before we press further?"

"Oh, very well! Since thou art so hath caught up on thy britches about it, I shall sendeth a beast aft'r those folk. Though, I'm sure 'twill all beest just a wasteth of mine charm."

And just like that, with a glint of emerald green glistening across her eyes, the sorceress, our of Nigel's request, has requested the aid of a strange beast much like an ogre with an anteater's head; tall, hairy and long on both of its body and its teeth, to be sent to handle the enemies. Hopefully, when they least expect it. The essence of the beast the queen has conjured up has been reduced to small and tiny grains of glowing green emeralds and has now been cast off into the air like dust.

The dust soars out the window of the castle tower and into the gloomy gray skies that watches its dark and desolate forest below, full of trees both full and jagged pines. The jagged broken trees are splintered on their trunks, the wood is deteriorated, the bark that was in there had been eaten by bugs over the years, all of them rotten and left behind to wither away into nature. The nature where, unfortunately, had become the abode of Dreamfinder and his friends the previous night.

*********************************************************************

By the time morning has come around to the cave, the fog from last night has already been cleared up. Rachel has slept through the night in a cloud of memories fueled by the imagery of what had been both Eli and Nigel at their worst, ultimately resulting to the fateful end of their partnership. To that end, the heart-to-heart talk between Rachel and Eli has for one inspired her to take the stand of triumph for her own benefits.