Chapter One

A/N: I am going to clarify that the choices made up to this point are that Sebastian was not turned in, and the main character chose not to learn Crucio, or Avada Kedavera (Imperio is unknown for now). Please let me know if I am missing anything. Happy reading!

September 1st, 1891: 10:45 AM, King's Cross

Every September, King's Cross was full of strange people adorned with cloaks, trunks, and owls. Children of various ages scurried frantically around with luggage and other items, searching for friends and saying goodbye to family members. Now and then, tourists and commuters would ask the staff as to what this strange phenomenon was. The staff would merely shrug it off, as it was the norm for the annual day.

However, it's almost as if these people disappeared at the same time of day every year. The locals couldn't be bothered, as they always seemed to remember some appointment they were late for the moment they thought about it too hard.

Amongst the confusion of robes and frog croaks, a family of three made their way through the train station. The daughter was leading the way, pushing a cart with a leather trunk, a sleeping cat (or what appeared to be one) and a knap-sack. The girl pushed through the crowd quickly, anxious to arrive at her location on time.

The mother cried out, "Eleanora, wait!" Thankfully, the mother saw the brunette hair stop, as it swished around to reveal a face adorned in freckles. The young girl's brown eyes were wide with energy, as she waited for her mother and father.

"Come on, mother! The train will leave in 15 minutes!"

Her father laughed as they reached their daughter. "It takes you five minutes to get sat down, any particular reason you're rushing us?" The girl's face developed a light blush as she looked away. The truth was that there was a reason, but she didn't want to admit it to her father.

They approached the wall in between platforms nine and ten. The girl took a breath as she readied herself. She pushed through the wall and immediately was met with the world she missed.

Platform 9¾ was full of energy. Families parted with their students while mothers ran after children to give them a forgotten textbook, or a stash of quills. A newspaper man was shouting about discounted copies of the Daily Prophet as fresh-faced first years ran by to secure a spot on the train.

"I missed this place!" the daughter sighed, grinning ear to ear as she turned to look at her parents. Her parents looked at her, a bit dazed by the excitement, but nonetheless happy for their daughter.

"Hope that isn't all you've missed, Nora?"

Nora turned and was immediately met with her three best friends: Sebastian, Ominis and Poppy.
Seeing them outside of school seemed odd to Nora, as she hadn't seen any of them outside their robes (unless she saw Poppy in their dormitory). Poppy had a neat blouse covered in a purple vest, a black skirt that reached her knees, and black tights that ended at her black flats. Sebastian wore a white button up untucked over gray trousers that hung over his black boots, holding onto a black jacket draped over his shoulder. Ominis had a dark green sweater with a white undershirt, and black pants that were neatly cuffed at his black loafers, his wand extended as it occasionally shot out red sparks. Nora let out an excited squeal and ran over to hug them.

Poppy immediately met her and laughed, squeezing Nora harder than it looked like she could have for her size. Nora guessed that she probably needed that strength in order to push the gigantic trunk, laying on her cart. Nora broke free from Poppy and ran over to hug Sebastian.

Sebastian looked a bit less happy than usual, although that may have been due to the large secret of his uncle's demise. However, he still gave Nora that same smile he always did and hugged her tight. "I know I'm pretty great, but I didn't think you'd miss me this much!"