Chapter Sixteen

A/N: Sorry for the late update, just recently went through a very difficult life event, so writing fanfiction is a bit hard at the moment. In order to make up for the long break, I wrote a bit more this chapter than usual (normally I write 2200-2500 words, this chapter is 3277 words).

Just a little heads up , I have updated the tags of the story on ao3 to fit the later plot. I tried to update it on Wattpad/Fanfic.net, but I think there is a limit to tags, so please make sure you read through them on ao3 before continuing.

Finally, I decided to go through with the discord idea, but the link will expire seven days after this chapter is released. I'll post it on my Wattpad board!

As always, happy reading :)

-

November 25th, 1891: 8:17 AM, Hufflepuff 6th Year Girl's Dormitory

"Nora! Wake up!"

Nora's felt as the blanket she had been so desperately clinging onto in her sleep was whisked away, allowing the cold air to cover her skin in goosebumps. She shook at the sudden chill, opening her eyes to see who had taken the safe warmth of her comforter away.

Poppy stood over her, and even though Nora's vision was blurred due to the sudden light, she could make out the annoyed expression on her friend's face. "Come on! We're going to be late to breakfast again."

"You couldn't have thought of a better way to wake me?" Nora whined as she rolled over onto her back, attempting to gather heat from the sheets beneath her. Winter was on its way, and unfortunately, the usual warmth of the Hufflepuff dormitory didn't seem to survive nature's icy breath.

Poppy snorted as she sat down next to Nora's shivering body. "Trust me, this certainly isn't the highlight of my day. You're all but impossible to wake."

Nora sighed, sitting up and raising her arms towards the ceiling as she stretched. "You know you don't have to wake me up, right?"

"Yes, but then I'll be ever so lonely!"

Nora snorted, rubbing the sleep from her bleary eyes. "Sebastian will see to it that you aren't alone." She teased as she slowly opened her eyes, the room beginning to clear.

Poppy chuckled. "And Ominis will surely pester me of your existence until I give into waking you again." She taunted. Nora's face flushed at Poppy's words, and she was struck silent. Nora could barely hear his name without that familiar rush of butterflies swarming her stomach.

She hadn't exactly told Poppy what had occurred the previous night, and wasn't sure if she wanted to quite yet. Ominis had been very unpredictable over the past few months, and Nora wasn't sure if he wouldn't resort back to ignoring her out of the blue. However, it was comforting to know that at least some of her feelings were requited.

Poppy stood up, walking over to her side of the room. She kneeled down by her trunk, picking up her schoolbag and stuffing various supplies into it. "You may want to change quickly, breakfast is in a little over ten minutes." She said as she crossed the room once more, walking out to the common room.

Ah, right! I'm still in pajamas!

Nora rose from her bed, the cold stone floor sending shivers up and through her legs, and walked over towards her trunk. Kneeling, she unlocked the lid and pushed it open. Her trunk was full of yellow and black colored fabrics, with the crest of a badger showing every so often. When she saw a familiar gray and green sweater peek from underneath, a rush of gleeful emotions shot through her. She reached for it, her thoughts racing with memories of their kiss, the way his lips felt against hers, the taste of cool mint and the smell of pine-